JoinFS is an advanced multiplayer client for flight simulators.
- Cross-platform multiplayer across Prepar3D, X-Plane, FSX and FSX:Steam.
- Decentralized hostless peer-to-peer network.
- Smooth jitter-free live movement of aircraft.
- Shared cockpit, unlimited passengers and multi-role co-pilot cockpit.
- Suitable for virtual pilot training and instruction.
- Hub network allows anyone to launch and advertise a publicly listed session.
- Communications system included.
- Record and save multiple aircraft to a file and play back recordings live over the network.
- Simple model matching allows you to substitute any aircraft model instantly while connected.
- Bookmarks make it easy to save your regular connections.
Small And Efficient Client
JoinFS is designed to be a thin utility that works between the simulator and the network.
- A minimal and clean user interface.
- Typically uses less than 1% of CPU time.
- Uses less than 20Mb system memory.
Low-Latency Peer To Peer Topology With Dynamic Rerouting
JoinFS can monitor and detect any connectivity problems and will automatically reroute network data in order to maintain the integrity of the session and consequently bypasses issues with NAT home routers.
Decentralized Public Server Network
In hub mode the client also acts as a public meeting place where the server details are propagated automatically across the network and appear in the public hub list. There is no central server involved.
- Pilots may join a session by connecting to any other pilot in that session.
- When the original creator of the session leaves, the session continues as normal.
- Animations are transmitted over the network; landing gear, elevator, ailerons, rudder, propeller, canopy, lights and smoke.
- Overdub feature allows you to iteratively build your own formation flight or airshow with mixed aircraft.
- Groups of pilots can be present on VATSIM or IVAO at the same time as JoinFS.
Record, Play and Overdub
JoinFS includes its own flight recorder. This enables you to record your aircraft along with other pilots in the JoinFS network. When you play back a recording the aircraft are also broadcast over the network so that all pilots can see your recording. This allows you to pre-record a lead aircraft which everyone in the session can then formate on. The overdub feature enables you to overlay new flights onto the recording which means you can iteratively build your own unlimited formation.
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8.0 / 7 / XP, Linux (Wine).
- .NET Framework 3.5.
- (FSX/Prepar3D only) SimConnect 10.0.61259.0. Can be found in the simulator installation path:
- [FSX Folder]\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi
- [P3D Folder]\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
- (X-Plane only) Microsoft C++ 64-bit Redistributable 2012. From Microsoft, Click 'Download' and select 'vcredist_x64.exe'.
- If you wish to create a session, or allow other pilots to join, you may need to enable Port Forwarding for UDP-only 6112 on your router. See your router manual for instructions.
- Aircraft may appear to stutter at very high frame rates. It is recommended that you limit your frame rate to around 35 for smooth movement. The cause of this is beyond the control of JoinFS.
Clubs and virtual airlines flying with JoinFS
If you would like to add a link to this site, please use one of the logos here. Thanks.