Other player's aircraft show excessive angle of attack

Report problems with JoinFS.
Daube

Other player's aircraft show excessive angle of attack

Postby Daube » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello,

I use JoinFS with 2 other pilots and we mainly fly on P3Dv4.4 with some military jets, like Dino's Tomcat.
Recently I have noticed a strange behavior: the planes of the other players are showing excessive angle of attack in flight.
For example, when flying level at low speed, their planes show more than 30 degrees of angle, although they are maybe flying with 10 degrees or less of angle of attack.

Same happens when they apply some forward stick to lower the nose. Let's say a player climbs to my level, then goes back to level flight by gently pushing the stick forward. On my screen, I can see his plane pitching down, like 15 or 20 degrees toward the ground, although his plane still flies level.

Is there any way to limit this problem ? In the past (like, two or three months ago) this problem didn't happen.

Bonus question, might be related: when we fly helicopters, all the other players copter show with some banking angle, although we're flying straight and level. Even when I'm on ground, and another player comes to hover next to me, I can see his copter banking maybe 20 degrees (or more) sideways. This happens since I started using JoinFS though, it's a much more ancient issue. Any idea ? We all use same date and weather theme in the sim.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Other player's aircraft show excessive angle of attack

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi,

can you check if you have ATC mode enabled in the JoinFS settings? If it is enabled then it will cause this kind of effect.

Otherwise it needs further investigation. It's interesting that you say the first one started a couple of months ago. I don't think I've touched any of the positioning code, but it may be an unintended consequence of something else.

Peter

Daube

Postby Daube » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks for replying, Peter :)

I can confirm the ATC mode was unchecked. In fact, we have never ever used that option.
One thing I didn't mention is the version of JoinFS we were using. It was the TEST version 1.4.24.

Daube

Postby Daube » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:52 am

Just for info, yesterday evening we made another test.
We were three pilots. We double-checked that "ATC Mode" was disabled in our options.
The problem still occured, and it was worse in the TEST version 1.4.24: even when we were still on the ground, one of us was appearing like 90° nose down.
We then switched to the non-TEST version 1.4.20 when we were already airborne. We could see all of us almost normally, but the problem with the excessive angle of attack still appeared.

Return to “Bugs”