Greyed out Screens after connecting to JoinFS in XPlane 11

Report problems with JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Greyed out Screens after connecting to JoinFS in XPlane 11

Postby Peter » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Grumpy,

could you provide some more details about these problems with 1.4.23, please? Is it the user list that is incorrect or is it the aircraft in the simulator. I've not had any reports from others about connectivity in these issues. Are you sure you were all on the same version? Do some of the participants have low-spec broadband connections?

Thanks,
Peter

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:26 am

Peter wrote:With version 1.4.23, do you mean that you couldn't see other users in the JoinFS User list or in the simulator? I just joined your hub and seemed to have a good connection to all other users in the user list.

Peter

Then, that means that there is something weird at our end. Thanks for that, Pete, it eliminates one source and thats a good thing.

Bob.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:33 am

Grumpy wrote:
Then, that means that there is something weird at our end. Thanks for that, Pete, it eliminates one source and thats a good thing.

Bob.

Well, not necessarily. If you find 1.4.23 less stable than 1.4.20, then there could be an issue. I made some low level changes for this new version, so it’s worth getting to the bottom of it. If possible can I suggest that your group has both stable and test versions installed. It actually sounds like you have it as this already. Then if you have trouble with the test version, get everyone to change to the stable version and see if there is a difference. All else being equal would suggest a problem with that version.

Thanks,
Peter

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:25 am

Peter wrote:
Well, not necessarily. If you find 1.4.23 less stable than 1.4.20, then there could be an issue. I made some low level changes for this new version, so it’s worth getting to the bottom of it. If possible can I suggest that your group has both stable and test versions installed. Peter

We have done that, A few days ago, and

Peter wrote:It actually sounds like you have it as this already. Then if you have trouble with the test version, get everyone to change to the stable version and see if there is a difference. All else being equal would suggest a problem with that version.

Peter

Today, after having very mixed results, went to 23. It took a long time to propagate around, We have GLOBAL selected on the hub, and found that THAT should be the only one so selected. Very counter productive for anybody else so to do.

On this note, how silly would it be to have a hub version, available on request and a standard client version?

Most of the day, we had 3 XP1130 aircraft and 4 to 5 FSX AT LAST!! we can see aircraft tags!! Well Done Pete!!
X=Plane does not lend itself to an easy change of registration as FSX does.
The Greyed out instrument gauges is an XPlane fault. to or more aircraft the same, and one or more will have greyed out gauges. It CAN be cured, but only temporary.

Bob

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:35 am

Grumpy wrote:Today, after having very mixed results, went to 23. It took a long time to propagate around, We have GLOBAL selected on the hub, and found that THAT should be the only one so selected. Very counter productive for anybody else so to do.

On this note, how silly would it be to have a hub version, available on request and a standard client version?

It shouldn’t make any difference whether you join a global hub or tick the global option. They should do the same thing, i.e. join the global session.

Peter

Return to “Bugs”