Is JoinFS working in X-Plane 11 for anyone?

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
RandyH

Is JoinFS working in X-Plane 11 for anyone?

Postby RandyH » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:16 pm

I fly with 2 different groups using JoinFS.

One group flys FSX only and JoinFS works perfectly. The other group flys X-Plane 11 and it is a disaster....some people can see some people sometime. Other people can't see anyone...anytime.

Is anyone getting JoinFS to work in X-Plane consistently?

Randy

cpuwolf

Re: Is JoinFS working in X-Plane 11 for anyone?

Postby cpuwolf » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 am

is it? just know this network. would like to have it test tonight

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 am

RandyH wrote:Other people can't see anyone...anytime.
Randy

Did you all have AI aircraft added to the flight configuration?

Peter

cpuwolf

Postby cpuwolf » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:18 pm

you must first start the simulator before scaning for models

but plugin has been loaded by X-Plane 11
Last edited by cpuwolf on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:57 pm

You need to run X-Plane and go all the way into a flight before connecting with JoinFS.

Peter

cpuwolf

Postby cpuwolf » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Thanks Peter make such great tool.

you know what I am thinking. I bet it will change history. it is a tool between Hamachi(LAN) and Vatsim(Center Server), and it fills the gap.

Last night, our 3 Chinese friends: 2 on XP11.30b6, 1 on XP11.26, after a few struggles, eventually we made it. so I would like to share some hints for you who want to connect such "future" network.

Q: Do I need register a new account?

A: no, you don't. just download and connect

Q: what should I do?

A: just download 1.8MB tool, that is it

Q: how my friend aircraft look like?

A: there is no HD CSL in JoinFS, I say again "no HD CSL". so what you see is "real" payware aircraft you just bought from store. that is why I say between hamachi and Vatsim. vatsim uses HD CSL, and hamachi also uses "real" payware aircraft, but XP LAN network is really suck, and here JoinFS fills the suck gap. thanks to Peter

Q: there are 2 buttons on JoinFS

A: you have to make sure "simulator" and "network" buttons they are both green. "simulator" is for connection between "JoinFS" and "X-Plane", button "network" is for connection between "JoinFS" and "future network"

Q: button "simulator" is orange color

A: because you didn't install plugin for X-Plane. steps are quite simple, in JoinFS menu File->settings, in pop-up window, botton-right area, you will see "install...." click it and give your x-plane root directory, and restart you X-Plane

Q: why I can see my friends in network, but I cannot see them

A: please remove conflict plugins, XSB, IVAO, X-LIfe,Worldtraffic, etc. which controls your AI, and restart X-Plane

Q: even if I remove conflict plugins, I still cannot see my friends(tricky part)

A: last night we took 1 hour to find the trick here: add X-Plane AI aircrafts to the number of friends, so in my case, I added 3 AI aircrafts

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:10 am

Thanks, cpuwolf.

I had a look at HD CSL, but didn't quite manage it using some third party libraries. I'll take another look at it at some point.

Some of those other points are covered in the manual, http://pmem.uk/joinfs/manual.html#xplane

Peter

wing_man

Postby wing_man » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:02 am

Peter,
Edit model matching is only for FSX/P3D, correct? If one is using x-plane 11, then you must use the AI and edit the plane in there, correct? IF this is true, could you make a notation in the documentation stating "Not for x-plane 11" ? If we can use model matching, let me know the procedure for x-plane 11 users. Thanks.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:38 pm

wing_man wrote:Peter,
Edit model matching is only for FSX/P3D, correct? If one is using x-plane 11, then you must use the AI and edit the plane in there, correct? IF this is true, could you make a notation in the documentation stating "Not for x-plane 11" ? If we can use model matching, let me know the procedure for x-plane 11 users. Thanks.

Yes, you can use model matching in X-Plane. JoinFS will ignore the type of aircraft you add as AI and replace it based on the model matching criteria. It's still a bit early days though on the X-Plane model matching. Liveries aren't properly supported and it's currently only going by the folder names. If you use the Substitute option in the normal way you'll get a list of aircraft based on the file names it has enumerated. Still needs some work I think, and I still haven't quite worked out how to go about the CSL route. I'll take another look at the available XSquawkBox library, but last time I got stuck with all its dependency requirements.

Peter

cpuwolf

Postby cpuwolf » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:29 pm

hi Peter,
I found serious shutter in XP11 yesterday. I think it has bug or limitation of that "xp plugin", in theory, update AI aircrafts position in every frame draw, even if network is slow, has long latency with peer, the worst case is "don't update AI position", I don't understand why it has shutter.

PS, I am software engineer as well

Return to “Discussion”