Engine cut v1.4.3

Report problems with JoinFS.
blue_ice

Engine cut v1.4.3

Postby blue_ice » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:04 am

Hi Peter,
I know you released a possible fix for the engine/mixture cut in 1.4.1, but last night for the first time we have experienced this bug when someone joins the hub. It only affected 3 out of 7/8 people all flying GA aircraft, one thing i did notice was one guy was on 1.4.0 (pre possible fix) everyone else was on 1.4.3. It wasn't until the session had ended that i wondered if the one guy on 1.4.0 could have possibly of caused the bug to propagate to people on 1.4.3? Could this be possible?

Regards
Darren

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Engine cut v1.4.3

Postby Peter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 am

Hi Darren,

yes, it appears that the fix in that version didn't have any effect. So I'm going to try something else for the next version.

I would like to be kept informed about this bug as much as possible. The problem is that I've tried to reproduce the same problem on my simulator but have yet to see it happen. I've also been in sessions where other people have had the problem but still not seen it myself. Very odd. It does only affect P3Dv4 apparently.

So, if you notice that the change log for a new version has a possible fix then continue to let me know if it still happens in that version. Also, please let me know if you no longer get the problem and think that it's been fixed. That'll be very helpful, thanks.

Peter

blue_ice

Postby blue_ice » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Yes I certainly will, I've also made a post with the group that i host the hub for to report any further instances of this bug on future builds under this topic.

thanks
Darren

FireRx

Postby FireRx » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:30 pm

hey Peter,
hey our group is experiencing the engine cut off phenom again too. all aircraft. different manufacturers. :o in Build 1.4.3

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Yes, it doesn't look like it's solved yet. I'm going to try something else in 1.4.4. I'm a bit more confident about this one, but time will tell.

Peter

Ron Attwood

Postby Ron Attwood » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Just to add 2c worth. We have the same problem but we SEEM to have narrowed it down to Carenado Turbo props/Jets(from the Phenom comment above)
condition lever/fuel cutoff making itself felt?
We are becoming adept at giving warnings when, in our case, a PC12 is coming in. Judicious use of the mixture control will keep the engine running. ;)

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:01 pm

There is a last resort fix for this, which is to detect the mixture cut off and automatically put the control back to it's previous position. It would happen within a frame or two and shouldn't be that noticeable, but I'd rather leave that until it's an absolute last resort.

Peter

Ron Attwood

Postby Ron Attwood » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:45 pm

We've just added a nother Carenado to the list. Surprisingly an older model. B58 Baron was playing up. We've now banned all Carenados until they sort themselves out! That'll learn 'em. :)

OMGEDSON

Postby OMGEDSON » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:20 pm

+1 on the engine cut, mixture continues to cut down to 0. We did EXTENSIVE testing last night with 3 planes, PC12, Turbo Commander 690B, and King Air 350i. All Carenado, all being cut off.

Versions tested were all the way back to 1.2.6. This included updating not only the clients but the server as well. All planes showed the same cutoff.

Is there hope that 1.4.4 will be released within the week? If so we will postpone our monthly tour with hopes that the issue will be resolved. Unlike previous tours, this one is in planes that don't exactly have mixture control via the VC...thus sending us all into frequent emergency situations.

-e
The Skypark by TheSkyLounge.tv

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:23 pm

OMGEDSON wrote:Is there hope that 1.4.4 will be released within the week? If so we will postpone our monthly tour with hopes that the issue will be resolved. Unlike previous tours, this one is in planes that don't exactly have mixture control via the VC...thus sending us all into frequent emergency situations.

I can try to get a version out by the weekend, however I've no idea if it will actually fix the problem. It's 50/50 I'd say. If this change doesn't work then there must be something peculiar about P3Dv4 that's causing it. In which case I'll resort to doing some sort of workaround that hopefully will not be noticeable in the cockpit.

Peter

Return to “Bugs”