Is JoinFS working in X-Plane 11 for anyone?

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Grumpy

Re: Is JoinFS working in X-Plane 11 for anyone?

Postby Grumpy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:35 am

In answer to the original poster.

Yes, we have had a session on our hub with FSX Box and SE, XP11, P3dv4 all at the same time. With all simulators, we have established the procedure of getting the sim "up" on the ground, and THEN run JFS.
Differences? Height only, b ut we know why, all sims have established their own ground heights, and there is, afaik, nothing we can do about that, except ignore it.
Once we are all in the air, we are all at the same height!!

Ergo, we stopped worrying.

Bob, for http://www.flybywires.net

jelder

Postby jelder » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:56 pm

I have been using JoinFS with a friend and we have been having a lot of problems. If we both try to fly the default Baron, one of us will get white instruments, and most of the time I see him doing circles down the runway or spinning in the air. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations as to what we are doing wrong?

Thanks.

Jim

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:25 pm

I've seen the white instruments, so I can repeat that. I was flying the bell 407 and played back a recording. I would be surprised if it didn't allow you to add another AI aircraft of the same type, so it could be something JoinFS is updating when it shouldn't be. Need to investigate that. The spiraling could be something similar. For example I've noticed that again with a recorded aircraft (same will likely apply to multiplayer aircraft) that the user input will also apply to the other aircraft, causing it to react in an odd way.

Peter

Return to “Discussion”