Enhancement request

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
vedum

Re: Enhancement request

Postby vedum » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Hello,

Thank you for this software. The is conclusive as between 5 pilot and 2 simulators (FSX and P3D). Fluidity and stability. Great ! :D :D

Being responsible for a VA, I would like if possible to have the opportunity to have a Whazzup.txt file. Is it possible?

Thanks again.
Best regards,
Stéphane

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi Stéphane,

I'll need to look into this I think. Not heard of the Whazzup.txt file. Is this for making aircraft visible on IVAO? Sounds interesting.

Thanks for the comments,
Peter

vedum

Postby vedum » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:59 pm

Hello Peter,

I used to show me the drivers in the ServInfo software.
Thank you again for all !

Stéphane

JackRiordan

Postby JackRiordan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi Peter,

I have hosted a dedicated FSX Steam Multiplayer server for the past year called US Central. A friend suggested I try your program, and so far I have been very impressed! I run my server 24/7 with JoinFS and have had no issues for the past week of use. My group members like all the features you have been implementing, especially with the new 1.0.7 update. We do, however have a few suggestions that hopefully make it into one of your future updates.

-Aircraft should be displayed on other players' radars. A friend was ATC using a control tower downloaded from Rikoooo.com, and he said that I did not show up on his radar. Although, he could see me sitting on the tarmac.
It may have just been the download he was using, but nonetheless we would like to see this working properly.

-Possible support for Tacpack. Members say that Tacpack works fine for them, but other members cannot see their missiles, bombs, nor can they can sustain any damage from those items. All the members of my group have been using Tacpack, and this would be a welcome addition to your application.

From all of us here at US Central, thank you Peter for your wonderful program. It has made our multiplayer experience a lot better.

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this, but if anyone is interested, you can connect to our server on 70.178.89.204. Our Teamspeak address is fsxfuscentral.dynu.com.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi Jack,

I am pleased to hear that you have found JoinFS useful and have been using it successfully in 'server' mode. You may have seen on the website that I will be adding substantial improvements in version 1.1.0 specifically for running JoinFS on servers. The idea is to link up with other servers to form a hub network so that people can quickly discover new groups to fly with.

Re: radar discovery. Yes, this is next on the list. Apparently it is possible so hopefully I can get it into the next version. A number of people have requested it.

I would like to get Tacpack as functional as possible so I think I shall contact VRS to see if there is any way we can get this working in a more congruous way.

And I shall try your server, thanks. That reminds me, I need to enable DNS lookup. :)

Best regards,
Peter

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Peter wrote:That reminds me, I need to enable DNS lookup. :)

That would be nice for those of us with a Dynamic IP and a NOIP service. ;)

DCA1161

Postby DCA1161 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 am

Peter, I am impressed by the possibilities of this program. Thanks for all the good work. I am very happy with the recorderoptions, because on our airline (DC3-Airlines) we can't use FSRecorder any more sinds P3D came out.
One request for this moment. You promised above the possibility to use an password to connect to a networkserver. But for multiplayer our VA-server is protected bij an ID and password (Like Vatsim). Is that something you can do also? Thanks in advance.
Roy

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:46 am

Hi Roy,

thanks for your comments.

I think a username/password login is certainly possible. Will this need to hook up to credentials held elsewhere on the server, or do you envisage JoinFS managing the login?

Peter

DCA1161

Postby DCA1161 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:28 am

I think in the case of Vatsim the credentials are held elsewhere, because every membrr has his own ID. But on our airline every member uses the same ID and password.
I am interested in the last item.
Roy

Return to “Discussion”