X-Plane: overtaking 19 aircrafts

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
efa

X-Plane: overtaking 19 aircrafts

Postby efa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:00 am

hi,
X-Plane dev say using the open library:
https://github.com/kuroneko/libxplanemp
the limit of 19 aircrafts can be overtaken.
XSquawkBox/VATSIM and WorldTraffic use this library

"The aircraft are modelled in a different file format and rendered by a very different mechanism than the default X-Plane one. The models are designed for this purpose, so the performance is usually better than the default very-high-resolution X-Plane aircraft that are designed to be flown locally. And it doesn't have the limit of 19 aircraft"

Peter
Site Admin

Re: X-Plane: overtaking 19 aircrafts

Postby Peter » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 am

Ah, that looks perfect, and could make a big difference. thanks!

Peter

Flap

Postby Flap » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Hey,

I was just about to suggest this, but I found this post :)

I think its a better way for JoinFS to use this multiplayer lib. For several reasons, mainly performance and model matching. There is a big CSL pack available on the XP forum, that works with this libxplanemp. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... -packages/

These models animate Gear, Landing lights, Flaps and Speedbrakes. Because these models are relative low poly it barely has impact on the fps. When using these models, there is way more choice for model matching, you are no longer depended of the .acf aircraft you have installed. And yes this bypasses the 19 aircraft limit, you can just turn off AI aircraft.

I hope this helps, and keep up the good work!

Thanks, Flap

IronCondor

Postby IronCondor » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:47 pm

This would be fantastic. I am starting to switch my sim over to X plane. I am curious to know will have a future updated library not using .acf files, see P3D, FSX, etc. traffic while flying together. Great software. Keep up the good work!

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 pm

IronCondor wrote:This would be fantastic. I am starting to switch my sim over to X plane. I am curious to know will have a future updated library not using .acf files, see P3D, FSX, etc. traffic while flying together. Great software. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

Whichever library you have installed, the current JoinFS model matching will still apply. So whatever aircraft are added from P3D/FSX you will be able to choose your own substituted model or use a default.

Peter

IronCondor

Postby IronCondor » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Will switching between simulators cause an issue for the aircraft model matching? For example, reading through the manual I could not find an explanation on what happens when switching between the two. It looks like I have to rescan the models. I also completely understand that XP interation is new.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:59 pm

No, you don't need to re-scan, JoinFS saves separate scans, and model matching, for each simulator. If you find that it isn't doing that then post it as a bug, thanks.

Peter

IronCondor

Postby IronCondor » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks Peter. Will do.

Hopefully, in the future XPlane with model matching changes and we can all enjoy this product cross platform.

Thanks!

goSammy1971

Postby goSammy1971 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi,

i have tested JoinFS with XP, but using only the installed flyable aircrafts give me a
modell matching that for nearly 90% cant be matched. The idea to use the ressource
friendly way with the Library would be a great step for usability and by reduced
performance impact for stability.

When implementing this, take a look for the CSLS and the Bluebell libraries.

I hope then in a near future i can join group flights of my virtual airline friends.

Sammy

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks, Sammy.

Coming soon. Watch this space. ;)

Peter

Return to “Discussion”