no plane visible in network

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
FCY-ISA

no plane visible in network

Postby FCY-ISA » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello,
for short about my little concern for P3Dv4 and planG / Fscommander.
I did P3Dv4 tests on vatsim with Vpilot => I see the other planets network on PlanG and Fscommander. I see them also in visual.
If I use joinFs for P3Dv4, I do not see anyone in visual or on PlanG or Fscommander. If I take FSX and use the same joinFs, I see the other aircraft in visual and in PlanG and Fscommander. Have I forgotten a setting in JoinFS about P3Dv4 or P3Dv4 should there be something to add?
I specify that I did the tests with JoinFs version 1.2.8.
Thanks anyway for the huge work you do

Peter
Site Admin

Re: no plane visible in network

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi,

that's strange. I've only just picked up P3D. Before now, I've relied on others testing it and letting me know that it works. I have v4.1 and JoinFS 1.2.8 appeared to work ok.

Can you check the monitor windows, View|Monitor, and tick the save option, then click View Logs. And possibly PM them to me. Thanks.

In the next version 1.2.9, I've improved the information it shows in the monitor, but send yours anyway, and perhaps when you get 1.2.9, send those as well.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:37 am

Hi again,

I just re-read your post. Are you saying that JoinFS does show aircraft with v4, but stops the other two apps from working?

Peter

FCY-ISA

Postby FCY-ISA » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Hello. I may not have been specific enough and my English is really awful.
I have FSX and I fly in network (with the company Cyberavia). I can see planes around me on PlanG or FsCommander without worry.
I just installed P3Dv4. I launch JoinFs and there I do not see anybody anymore. On PlanG or Fscommander the same, I see myself but do not see other pilots while there are more than 10 pilots on the same airport (some other ground in flight).
I close P3Dv4 and launch Fsx. Even aerodrome, I launch the same JoinFS and there I see in external view the other planes, even those which turn over me. Also in Fscommander or PlanG, I see myself and see 12 other planes around me.
I use JoinFS version 1.2.8.
Thanks

FCY-ISA

Postby FCY-ISA » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:32 pm

I confirm it. Tonight I was connected with P3Dv4 + JoinFs version1.2.9 on the track of Marseille near my colleague who also P3DV4 + JoinFS version 1.2.9. I do not see him but he sees me. In PlanG or Fscommander I only see me. On http://map.cyberavia.org/map/map.html which allows us to see us on the network, I see all 2.
I disconnect, close P3DV4. I run Fsx + JoinFS version1.2.9. Same place, I see my colleague and he sees me. We are all present in PlanG, Fscommander and in http://map.cyberavia.org/map/map.html.
If you have an idea ?
Thanks

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Just a thought, when you have JoinFS connected to P3D v4.1, have you done a File|Scan For Models to update the model list for P3D?

Peter

FCY-ISA

Postby FCY-ISA » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Good evening. I did not do it. It's done now. I'll do tests tomorrow because nobody on the network. thank you

FCY-ISA

Postby FCY-ISA » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello. Scan done and I see all the planes around me. Similarly PlanG and Fscommander show me everyone. I took the opportunity to install 1.2.10 and everything works. Thank you again for your patience.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Great.

I've now added this to the Troubleshooting part of the manual. ;)

Peter

shark

Postby shark » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Did testing between P3Dv3x and FSX-SE with Superbugs only.

FSX-SE's computer IP hosting.

Able to see each other.

However planes kept disappearing.

Reconnects brought planes back, but never could stop the aircraft from disappearing.

Return to “Discussion”