Shared Cockpit

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
JackRiordan

Re: Shared Cockpit

Postby JackRiordan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Peter,

Were there any further plans on fixing the issues with the shared cockpit controls of the wing fold, tail hook, spoilers, etc., or any other expansions on the fuctionality of the shared cockpit? Just wondering!

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi Jack,

sure, those three items look simple enough, I'll get them into the next version, which should also have a fix for the throttle/mixture/prop levers that currently get a bit confused when they're shared out.

Peter

JackRiordan

Postby JackRiordan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:29 pm

That's great, Peter! As always, thank you for reading the forum posts and doing your best to accommodate us. I know you get a lot of requests, and I hope we aren't being too wanty ;)

edakridge

Postby edakridge » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:57 pm

A little feedback about shared cockpit and carrier operations. We flew shared cockpit in Dino's F-14. The "Owner" retained Flight Controls and only transferred "Other Controls" to me. That worked great. I was able to work the radios, radar and other systems. The only issue that we encountered was that when the aircraft's wheels touched the carrier deck, the "Passenger" (Me) was killed by Tacpack and respawned back in the cockpit. Apparently the system sees the carrier touch down as a collision with another object. This was the same result with FSX Multiplayer system.

JackRiordan

Postby JackRiordan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Thank you for the report. The same thing has happened to a friend and I in Dino's T-45 Goshawk :roll:

JackRiordan

Postby JackRiordan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Peter,

We don't want you to feel like you're constantly being bombarded by requests without any appreciation for all of your hard work. Your work is always appreciated!

As always, I want you to know that members of my group, including myself, are able to to bug test, take screenshots, and record video in order to help find solutions to these issues. Just let us know if there's anything we can do.

edakridge

Postby edakridge » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:33 pm

I also want to apologize for being a pain and acknowledge your hard work. I am probably the worlds worst at taking screenshots, videos etc. to record data. The shared cockpit functions are improving with each build and I am impatiently waiting for the next update. I fly mainly combat ops, but on occasion have to help with training a "Nugget" . Shared cockpit can be an invaluable tool in training as the instructor can actually see what is happening in the cockpit.

JackRiordan

Postby JackRiordan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:56 am

edakridge wrote:Shared cockpit can be an invaluable tool in training as the instructor can actually see what is happening in the cockpit.

Agreed!

jakesager

Postby jakesager » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi there -
I know I’m several months late, but I just found JoinFS and plan to use it with my friend together on Vatsim.

Questions:
Would an aircraft like the PMDG 737 work with the shared cockpit functionality?

How do we join the same aircraft in the sim? Do we both load in independently and then once we connect together through the client we will automatically merge?

Thanks so much, and great work on the program!

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi Jake,

The PMDG 737 should work in shared cockpit mode. You may find that some systems aren't synchronized, such as the FMC, but nearly all of the basic systems are.

There's a section in the manual that explains how to use the shared cockpit, http://pmem.uk/joinfs/manual.html#shared

If you find any issues then be sure to post them here, thanks.

Peter

Return to “Discussion”