Shared Cockpit

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
JackRiordan

Shared Cockpit

Postby JackRiordan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Peter,

I a friend and I have tried shared cockpit, but the button stays greyed out. We have tried using default and addon aircraft. We also ensured we both were using the exact same configs and versions. Can you explain how to get it to work? Thank you.

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Shared Cockpit

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi Jack,

you first need to allow the cockpit to be shared out. To do this, go to the Nodes list, highlight the person you want to allow and click on the Share Cockpit button. Then tick the box in the sub-window. That person can then click on your aircraft and join from the aircraft list.

However, the shared cockpit doesn't work well at all at the moment in 1.1.8. It should be better in 1.1.9, which is coming soon.

Peter

JackRiordan

Postby JackRiordan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:56 pm

I found it after a bit of searching. A friend and I will try it out a bit later. Even if it desyncs, it'll be nice to see the progress that's being made and how it's being implemented. Thank you!

Gerard

Postby Gerard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:14 pm

We are three persons associated with joinfs. 1 person with FSX and the other two with Prepar3D 3.4.
I see the person with FSX flying or standing at the airport but the person with P3D version 3.4 does not.
We are all three registered Joinfs nodes.
Any body a suggestion?

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi Gerard,

which version are you running, and do you see everyone in the aircraft list correctly?

Peter

Gerard

Postby Gerard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm

I am running v 1.1.8 after my flight in one hour I wil check again. the others running v 1.1.8 as well
Yes they are listed

Dan-TXHills

Postby Dan-TXHills » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:06 pm

If you see the aircraft on the View | Aircraft list but do not see it physically in the session consider the possibility of one of these two things that might explain this:

1. The aircraft that you have substituted no longer exists in your sim (I have had this occur - if you use an aircraft for substitution and subsequently remove it from your Sim Objects\Aircraft folder there is no warning or error, it simply just does not appear)
2. If you start at an airport that is several thousand NM away from where others are and you move to the airport where the others are located then for some reason you do not see all the aircraft. Not sure if the opposite happens (if someone else moves a great distance to where you are) and I cannot explain the reason that you do not see all the other aircraft if you do move several thousand NM but the solution is to exit and then restart your flight at or near the airport where others are.

Dan

Gerard

Postby Gerard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Peter I am conntected but I can't see the other plane who stand next to me not on the aircraft list as well
On V-pilot we can see eachother. and we use both MTL from IVAO.

We are now at EHGG and in the aircraft list we can see each other mut not on the platform.

Dan
we checked your suggestion but no changes, thanks anyway

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Try right-clicking in the simulator window to bring up the menu. Can you see the other aircraft listed as traffic on the menu. If so, select them and it should show you where they are.

Peter

Gerard

Postby Gerard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:01 pm

I will try this tomorrow thanks Peter en let you know

Return to “Discussion”