JoinFS "Flight server" with CCP/FSX@War running

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS "Flight server" with CCP/FSX@War running

Postby Peter » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:14 am

Hi, yes, sorry about that, I've been really busy getting the new version out. Will respond to it today. ;)

Peter

Cougar FFW04

Postby Cougar FFW04 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:31 am

No problem Peter

Blue

Postby Blue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Hello Peter,

I am part of Cougar's FSX@War team. I love your JoinFS application. It is truly a game changer for the multiplayer community. We use it daily with the group that I fly with. We have done some comprehensive testing that I share with you in a PM which hopefully you will find useful. I look forward to hearing from you.

Blue

felipius

Postby felipius » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi everybody.

Flying with my virtual squadron we have find de following issues using Tacpack+CCP+FSX@WAR+JoinFs in P3Dv4. We use a "computer server", like USNA, All of the clients with superbug and tackpack but the server only have installed fsxatwar and ccp, but no tackpack. We use ccp in single mode in the server and the "broadcast everything" option active in joinfsx

1.- FSX@WAR objets are not broadcasted. As well as this issue, we have noticed that a big amount of effects of fsxatwar( fire, smoke, explisions...) are broadcasted in a infinite loop in some point of the scenery, originating a crash in the sim of the clients(not the server)
2.-CCP Ground Vehicles: Objects are catched and broadcasted by joinfs, and the path of the vehicles is transmitted, as well. But not the correct heading of the vehicles, I mean, The vehicles follows the defined path but the nose of them is always pointing to the course of the first leg of the route.
2.- Ai Tanker( both ccp and tackpack). The lag becomes imposible the refuelling maneuver. :cry:

Anyway, congrats to Peter for his amazing sofware and doing closer the oportunity to have a good multiplayer protocol in p3d/fsx. :P

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:17 pm

felipius wrote:1.- FSX@WAR objets are not broadcasted. As well as this issue, we have noticed that a big amount of effects of fsxatwar( fire, smoke, explisions...) are broadcasted in a infinite loop in some point of the scenery, originating a crash in the sim of the clients(not the server)
2.-CCP Ground Vehicles: Objects are catched and broadcasted by joinfs, and the path of the vehicles is transmitted, as well. But not the correct heading of the vehicles, I mean, The vehicles follows the defined path but the nose of them is always pointing to the course of the first leg of the route.
2.- Ai Tanker( both ccp and tackpack). The lag becomes imposible the refuelling maneuver. :cry:

Hi,

it appears that the code for broadcasting the FSX@War has been disabled. The problem is I can't recall the reason for taking it out. Perhaps someone else that uses FSX@War a lot can chime in here?

I can take a look at the object orientation.

What is your internet connection like when you're doing a refuel? Are you getting low latency values around 50ms? At some point I'll be looking at doing some form of prediction on the aircraft position to make it more accurate. That may help in this case.

Peter

Tisor

Postby Tisor » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:24 am

Peter wrote:
felipius wrote:1.- FSX@WAR objets are not broadcasted. As well as this issue, we have noticed that a big amount of effects of fsxatwar( fire, smoke, explisions...) are broadcasted in a infinite loop in some point of the scenery, originating a crash in the sim of the clients(not the server)

Hi,

it appears that the code for broadcasting the FSX@War has been disabled. The problem is I can't recall the reason for taking it out. Perhaps someone else that uses FSX@War a lot can chime in here?

I can take a look at the object orientation.

What is your internet connection like when you're doing a refuel? Are you getting low latency values around 50ms? At some point I'll be looking at doing some form of prediction on the aircraft position to make it more accurate. That may help in this case.

Peter

Peter, I've been inyecting the Tanker from Tacpack. I've 300mbps up/down connection, very low latency. The receiver is also under a 200mbps connection. Saying that because we cannot remember the latency of course, but will check next time. The problem is the Tanker is inyected by TP so here it come the problem.

Also we need to figure out how to make tacpack recognize JoinFS aircraft to refuel from them. The F18 with the drogue tank is not working neither, but it works on default MP.

Maybe has something to do with ATC Model? I think Tacpack relies on this to take in account which aircraft is able to give fuel and get the position of it drogues.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 am

Tisor wrote:Maybe has something to do with ATC Model? I think Tacpack relies on this to take in account which aircraft is able to give fuel and get the position of it drogues.

Do you mean the radio frequencies? Those are currently sent over the network.

Peter

edakridge

Postby edakridge » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Peter, I know exactly what he is saying. Neither the "Tacpack spawned" Tanker nor Tacpack in flight refueling capability is transferring across JoinFS. If I spawn a Tanker through Tacpack, I am the only one who can see it or tank from it. This is true whether you spawn it yourself or on the "Server" computer. I "Assume" that this failure to transfer across is related to Tacpack Carrier Tacan/ILS not transferring..

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:43 pm

edakridge wrote:Peter, I know exactly what he is saying. Neither the "Tacpack spawned" Tanker nor Tacpack in flight refueling capability is transferring across JoinFS. If I spawn a Tanker through Tacpack, I am the only one who can see it or tank from it. This is true whether you spawn it yourself or on the "Server" computer. I "Assume" that this failure to transfer across is related to Tacpack Carrier Tacan/ILS not transferring..

If you spawn a Tanker, does it appear in your JoinFS aircraft list? If not, does it appear in the object list? If so, then you'll need to enable broadcast on that object to have it transferred.

Peter

Tisor

Postby Tisor » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Peter wrote:
edakridge wrote:Peter, I know exactly what he is saying. Neither the "Tacpack spawned" Tanker nor Tacpack in flight refueling capability is transferring across JoinFS. If I spawn a Tanker through Tacpack, I am the only one who can see it or tank from it. This is true whether you spawn it yourself or on the "Server" computer. I "Assume" that this failure to transfer across is related to Tacpack Carrier Tacan/ILS not transferring..

If you spawn a Tanker, does it appear in your JoinFS aircraft list? If not, does it appear in the object list? If so, then you'll need to enable broadcast on that object to have it transferred.

Peter

https://gyazo.com/315df7448143d5e06fa763442e1ba322

It does appear, but it does not work. Is lagging a lot and is not refuelling at all.

Return to “Discussion”