Running JFS under Linux

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
ATC Roo

Re: Running JFS under Linux

Postby ATC Roo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm

An update to this.

JoinFS can be installed on a Linux machine running wine.

I don't own a mac but believe there are windows emulators for them too, so you could probably do the same on a Mac.

Using wine on on your linux PC.....
Install Simconnect.msi (I used the Xpack simconnect).
Install JoinFS.msi

I run it in the KDE desktop environment GUI and not from the command line.

Job done.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:45 pm

It may work, but I'd need to compile part of the program to specifically target the ARM processor. It's one for a later version I reckon. ;)

Peter

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Markeebo wrote:I got adventurous and attempted to install and run JoinFS on a spare Raspberry Pi3 I had sitting around. After spending at least 20-25 hours toying with it, I finally gave up trying.

To be clear, I have ZERO experience with Linux, so thought it would be fun to try to see if I could get it to work. I'm way too ignorant of the way of Linux to make it go. LOL

I was using Ubuntu. Could never even get wine installed. It kept failing and giving me errors about "unmet dependencies". None of the fixes that I found would remedy the errors. So I moved on to trying to install from source. That ran into several walls as well.

This would be a great application for the Pi and I hope Peter keeps this on his long list of features.

Markeebo

Yup the Raspberry Pi is a different beast as it's an arm processor like Peter mentioned.

I also had an unsuccessful try also.
It might be able to be done with QEMU for pi or Eltech if somebody had a spare week to have a go.

Return to “Discussion”