Suggestion: Elevation Correction

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
RCFlyer

Re: Suggestion: Elevation Correction

Postby RCFlyer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Peter:

I was flying last evening with another fellow and noticed an elevation issue. He was using FSX Steam and I was using P3dV3.4. We were at Hood River, Or, airport on the ground. When I was on the ground he was about 6 feet in the air. We also experienced this issue a couple days ago at Port Hardy.

We were connected through a hub rather than directly.

Danny

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:53 pm

When you saw him six feet up, how did he perceive you? Were you under the ground from his perspective?

Peter

Ron Attwood

Postby Ron Attwood » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:30 pm

We have been suffering, or rather, experiencing, the same thing.
We are a mixture of P3D and FSX and have differences in elevation of the sort only seen before when someone doesn't have a particular piece of scenery installed. Last Saturday and the previous Saturday we saw this even though we all had the relevant airports. Could this be due to the elevation corrections feature? The terrain on these airports was undulating (outback Australia)

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Ah, that might be it. I believe that FSX uses flat airport scenery. I imagine that P3D supports undulating, is that correct?

Do the aircraft look higher than your own aircraft? Could you check the actual altitude figures, from the aircraft list? They ought to give the same reading.

If it is to do with undulating scenery, I may have to switch it off for P3D users, although that may just make it worse.

Peter

Ron Attwood

Postby Ron Attwood » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Speaking for myself, all the wayward aircraft were higher than me. I didn't see any 'shark attack' instances. There were 5 P3Ders and 3 FSXers. If we have any more roller coaster runways I'll take a survey of who sees what. But it won't be until next Saturday.

Return to “Discussion”