Recording formations with JoinFS

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Recording formations with JoinFS

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:37 pm

No worries, I have a few tricks up my sleeve ;)

Peter

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:51 pm

razor wrote:Hey Roo, unfortunately with the position lag on JoinFS(far less severe than vPilot, but still existent of about 3-5 feet at 400 Knots) it would be very difficult for the team to fly any formation we would be proud of. We would have to work out a way to all get on multiplayer, and sign on individually to JoinFS. I will try to bring it up to the team at practice tomorrow and see if everyone can be around to try it out.

I may have a solution which is the same I'm doing for another group if you did want to attend.

Let me know.

razor

Postby razor » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:11 am

Peter wrote:No worries, I have a few tricks up my sleeve ;)

Peter

Glad to hear it.

ATC Roo wrote:I may have a solution which is the same I'm doing for another group if you did want to attend.

Let me know.

What's that? Just hosting a multiplayer session, and everyone connecting individually?

Robert

Postby Robert » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Could you guys record and post the .jfs file of the flight?

That way even if people can't join in to observe, they can always download the .jfs file and watch the replay.

I've been hoping aerobatics teams would start doing that anyway. Would be cool!...

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:55 pm

Good idea, Robert, I'll create a new sub-forum where people can post links to their recordings for others to view and comment.

Peter

razor

Postby razor » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Robert wrote:Could you guys record and post the .jfs file of the flight?

That way even if people can't join in to observe, they can always download the .jfs file and watch the replay.

I've been hoping aerobatics teams would start doing that anyway. Would be cool!...

We certainly could do something like that, however right now it would look rather odd due to the reasons listed in the OP(if you watch the stream link you will see what I'm talking about). Our solos demo would look reasonably crisp, except for any maneuver inverted flight is done, but the diamond/delta would look very very strange, more or less unwatchable.

Return to “Discussion”