Shared Cockpit supported Event ID's

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
niels95

Shared Cockpit supported Event ID's

Postby niels95 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:34 am

Hey Peter and community,

Great application, i've tried to set up shared cockpit with a pal using the FSW Learjet 35A.
I'm able to setup the connection succesfully, ports forwarded. Yet far from all controls are shared and some are behaving weirdly.

Is there a definitive overview of which event-ID's are supported? Currently i'm not sure if what i'm trying to do is actually supported.

As an alternative solution i think it'll also really be usefull to have a page on your website where people can report their experiences using Joinfs functionalities with specific addon's. Wine (linux windows emulator) has a similar feature on their website https://appdb.winehq.org/ where users can report compatibility and issues when using certain applications.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Niels.

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Shared Cockpit supported Event ID's

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi Niels,

That's a nice idea, but I don't have the time to set up anything as fancy as that. I can probably maintain a simple list of supported shared cockpit instrumentation in a forum post, if that would help?

Peter

niels95

Postby niels95 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Hey Peter,

Great! That would make it easier to understand what the capabilities/limits of shared cockpits are within JoinFS.
I can see that a system like that can be a lot of effort to create, you could consider a specific forum folder with threads user can create per addon.

Support Forum
-Add on compatibiliy
--Manfred Jahn DC3
--A2A 172
--etc

You can accept or deny threads, enforce a opening post template where information is neatly orderd. :ugeek:
That would already enable folks to start gathering info without all the coding :)

Niels.

niels95

Postby niels95 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 am

Hey Peter,

Bump ;)
Did you get around to posting a list of Event ID's / supported instrumentation?

Would help a lot.

Niels.

skelsey

Postby skelsey » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:10 am

Hi Niels,

I'm sure Peter will correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding JoinFS reads and synchronises only default P3D SDK variables.

As a result, as a rule of thumb any aircraft which utilises any form of custom programming of gauges/systems which is outside the standard SDK will not synchronise properly.

EddieSWaite

Shared Cockpit supported Event IDs

Postby EddieSWaite » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:46 pm

Im always up for shared cockpit flights, especially in the 407. Im about 7 time zones west of you, but Im sure we can find a time that works.

badbass55

Postby badbass55 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:11 pm

greetings,

Taking the topic for a question from a complete layman on the subject:
Wouldn't it be interesting then to create those files that do non-standard variable synchronization, as covered in smartcopilot?

Since the plugin can synchronize standard items, such an approach could not help expand the integration between aircraft of the same simulator / system allowing for a greater copilot experience.

This would also reduce the work overhead for this extension by the plugin developer.

Of course that would be if it does not contradict the path that the developer plans for this plugin, and thinking that he could interpret the external variables added with this file.

forgive writing imperfections powered by google translator

Return to “Queries”