Shared Cockpit supported Event ID's

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
niels95

Shared Cockpit supported Event ID's

Postby niels95 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:34 am

Hey Peter and community,

Great application, i've tried to set up shared cockpit with a pal using the FSW Learjet 35A.
I'm able to setup the connection succesfully, ports forwarded. Yet far from all controls are shared and some are behaving weirdly.

Is there a definitive overview of which event-ID's are supported? Currently i'm not sure if what i'm trying to do is actually supported.

As an alternative solution i think it'll also really be usefull to have a page on your website where people can report their experiences using Joinfs functionalities with specific addon's. Wine (linux windows emulator) has a similar feature on their website https://appdb.winehq.org/ where users can report compatibility and issues when using certain applications.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Niels.

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Shared Cockpit supported Event ID's

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi Niels,

That's a nice idea, but I don't have the time to set up anything as fancy as that. I can probably maintain a simple list of supported shared cockpit instrumentation in a forum post, if that would help?

Peter

niels95

Re: Shared Cockpit supported Event ID's

Postby niels95 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Hey Peter,

Great! That would make it easier to understand what the capabilities/limits of shared cockpits are within JoinFS.
I can see that a system like that can be a lot of effort to create, you could consider a specific forum folder with threads user can create per addon.

Support Forum
-Add on compatibiliy
--Manfred Jahn DC3
--A2A 172
--etc

You can accept or deny threads, enforce a opening post template where information is neatly orderd. :ugeek:
That would already enable folks to start gathering info without all the coding :)

Niels.

Return to “Queries”