Can I do it?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
DaleRFU

Can I do it?

Postby DaleRFU » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi all,

I've installed the latest version and finding that it's operating a lot smoother than previous versions. I have a couple of questions though.

1) Is it possible to change the rate at which you record your flight. For example with FSRecorder you could choose between 1/8sec, 1/4sec and so on to give a smoother recorded flight.

2) is it possible to use joinFS without connecting to the Internet? As I only wish to use it for the recorder I have no need to connect to the Internet.

Regards
Dale

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Can I do it?

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Hi Dale,

Yes, the multi-threading changes that I made in the recent version seem to have improved the performance and smoothness of the aircraft. I certainly found that to be the case with a flight I took part in today.

1) Currently it is set to 10 recorded frames per second and can't be changed. However, that seems like a reasonable request to be able to select a different sample rate, particularly higher sample rates if required for recording. It will have to be done in such a way that it doesn't affect the sample rate of other pilots on the network, but that shouldn't be a problem.

2) Currently JoinFS must have a connection to the internet to run properly. Are you not able to connect with a particular PC that you want to record on?

Peter

DaleRFU

Re: Can I do it?

Postby DaleRFU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:22 am

Hi Peter,

1) thank you I think it will improve people's experience particularly if flying formation which requires you to do aerobatic type moves so it's not jumping around a little when pulling a few g's

2) I can connect to the Internet fine, I just don't like to. I run a MSI win10 laptop and hate when it downloads updates (feels like its every other day) so I refer to keep it disconnected (probably sounds silly) as I have read a few people have had issues with the FS setup when Windows updates. It's just a personal preference

Regards
Dale

Return to “Queries”