(A:ATC FLIGHT NUMBER,string) as owner ?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
simskunkworks.com

(A:ATC FLIGHT NUMBER,string) as owner ?

Postby simskunkworks.com » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi Peter,
i can see you are using (A:ATC FLIGHT NUMBER,string) to broadcast "Owner" (aka nickname) into the Net.
Good move, our vACMI uses it to mantain ID unicity, may i assume you won't change it in the future ?
Tia
/Mario
BTW:
May be you can make a steady feature to broadcast(A:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:index, Pounds) ?

Peter
Site Admin

Re: (A:ATC FLIGHT NUMBER,string) as owner ?

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi Mario,

I think I'm using (A:ATC ID, string) for the nickname, and the ATC FLIGHT NUMBER is blanks at the moment, I think.

Yes, I can broadcast the PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT. Which indices would you like to be broadcast?

Peter

simskunkworks.com

Postby simskunkworks.com » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:40 pm

Peter wrote:Hi Mario,
I think I'm using (A:ATC ID, string) for the nickname, and the ATC FLIGHT NUMBER is blanks at the moment, I think.
Yes, I can broadcast the PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT. Which indices would you like to be broadcast?
Peter

Hi Peter,
i see the JoinFS assigned nickname into "Owner" column of the "AIrcraft View",
(A:ATC ID, string) shows on "Callsign" column.
Using TrafficInfo.dll interface, "Owner" column matches with "atc flight number".
That's ok for us and would like not be changed. :-)
I guess (A:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:index, pounds) index from1 to 32 are ok.
tia
/Mario

bolichin

Postby bolichin » Sun May 14, 2017 5:28 am

Hi peter,

Any news about to broadcasting the simvar (A:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:index, Pounds).? Thx for your awesome program!

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun May 14, 2017 2:21 pm

bolichin wrote:Any news about to broadcasting the simvar (A:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:index, Pounds).? Thx for your awesome program!

Instead of adding all of these little features into JoinFS itself, at some point (probably a few months away) I'm planning on implementing a simple software interface, possibly using SimConnect, that will allow any third party developer to propagate any custom data they like across the JoinFS network session. Think of it as piggybacking on the JoinFS network, where the developer will access a list of aircraft/objects/users with unique IDs that they can assign any custom data to. This data will then be automatically propagated over the network and can be read by the same add-on running on each user's machine.

What this means is that JoinFS can be leaner and will be providing two essential things: a stable cross-platform network and smooth object updates, but have potentially an unlimited expansion of features provided by third party add-on developers.

I think this could be the best way forward for JoinFS.

Peter

bolichin

Postby bolichin » Sun May 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Interesting approach!!! :o

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Sun May 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Peter wrote:
bolichin wrote:Any news about to broadcasting the simvar (A:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:index, Pounds).? Thx for your awesome program!

Instead of adding all of these little features into JoinFS itself, at some point (probably a few months away) I'm planning on implementing a simple software interface, possibly using SimConnect, that will allow any third party developer to propagate any custom data they like across the JoinFS network session. Think of it as piggybacking on the JoinFS network, where the developer will access a list of aircraft/objects/users with unique IDs that they can assign any custom data to. This data will then be automatically propagated over the network and can be read by the same add-on running on each user's machine.

What this means is that JoinFS can be leaner and will be providing two essential things: a stable cross-platform network and smooth object updates, but have potentially an unlimited expansion of features provided by third party add-on developers.

I think this could be the best way forward for JoinFS.

Peter

Now that is a good idea.
You may have just provided me with a solution to something I was thinking about writing.

I'll keep you informed if I do it.

motus

Postby motus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:36 am

Hi Peter,

Any news about this very interesting possibility ?

Thanks

Return to “Queries”