I've never had a problem using JoinFS, but now in a new Windows install...

Report problems with JoinFS.
RandyC97402

I've never had a problem using JoinFS, but now in a new Windows install...

Postby RandyC97402 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Hi,

I hope this isn't a redundant post. I have been using JoinFS about a year now and I've never had an issue running it or connecting with it. (Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit) I've used my current version, 1.4.14 now for a few months, with no issues, until I installed a clean install of Windows 7 and a clean install of Flight Simulator X boxed.
The symptoms are I get a flashing orange JoinFS icon on my taskbar, and with the List Offline Hubs box checked in Hubs, I get a list of hubs that's definitely not current, will all Status entries Orange and no players on any of them. All zeroes in all entries.
I can get the Simlator button to connect with all my aircraft in the list and Scan for Models works. My Network button turns Green, too, but the Hubs list does not populate with any active hubs.
I know there is at least one hub still using version 14, because we still use that one.
I've check Essentials and Windows Firewall, and I've entered JoinFS as exceptions to both, but still no luck.
Help?
Thanks in advance.
:)

Peter
Site Admin

Re: I've never had a problem using JoinFS, but now in a new Windows install...

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:23 am

Hi,

the latest version of JoinFS is not compatible with version 1.4.14. Most hubs are on the latest version, so you won't see any of those. If you connect to your hub running 1.4.14 then it should start being displayed in your hub list, but that's probably the only one you'll see online.

Peter

Return to “Bugs”