Shared cockpit

Report problems with JoinFS.
ElioSaade

Shared cockpit

Postby ElioSaade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Hello
We,re having , me and my friend, some problems with shared cockpit. So as mentioned in the manual, we're doing everything step by step :
First we're connected to the sale server with the same airplane at the same airport even on different gates.
Second I allow him entry to my cockpit and give him permissions.
Finally he click on join cockpit and we get on the same airplane.
And here the problems begin :
- if i give him all permissions , he can do everything but I can't.
-if i guve him autopilot and nav for exemple, I can control the rest and he see it, but when he controls the autopilot I can't see anything happening in my cockpit and if I control the autopilot he can't see anything happening in his cockpit. So each one is doing whataver he wants with the autopilot without any commands beeing taken.

We tried to play a lot with the permission settings from my side and his side either (even if it don't have any relation with my cockpit) but we're always ending with same problems as before.

Please any help or suggestions ?
Thanks

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Shared cockpit

Postby Peter » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:38 pm

It's possible that's it's become broken with some recent changes. I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Peter

ElioSaade

Postby ElioSaade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks for the quick answer as we are trying our best to do our planed flight the earlier possible.
To add at this when I allow the entry to the cockpit and gives permissions, without the other clicking join cockpit, his aircraft suddenly jumps over mine the when he clicks join cockpit they merge; is this normal ?

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:25 pm

No, that shouldn't be happening. I'll look at that as well.

Peter

ElioSaade

Postby ElioSaade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Thank you a lot for the quick support

Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Greetings, first of all i want to thanks for this wonderful app, second i just experimented the same issue...the aircraft jumps over mine when click join cockpit...P3D v4 on both clients

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Grizzly wrote:Greetings, first of all i want to thanks for this wonderful app, second i just experimented the same issue...the aircraft jumps over mine when click join cockpit...P3D v4 on both clients

Hi,

I think that's a recent bug. Currently looking into it.

Thanks,
Peter

ElioSaade

Postby ElioSaade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello again,
By doing a flight today with my friends where he had the control of everything and me not, I dicovered another issue, sometimes without anything being activated, my aircraft lost all the power and his not and I can't reactivate it so I have to reset the flight to be able to continu.
Thanks for checking this also

skelsey

Postby skelsey » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:25 pm

What aircraft are you using?

I have to say that my organisation is using the Shared Cockpit function for training purposes on an almost daily basis and we have not experienced the sort of issues you are describing, though the autopilot doesn't get much use.

ElioSaade wrote:- if i give him all permissions , he can do everything but I can't.

Yes... that's how it works! Only one of you can have control of any particular function at a time.

Are you trying to use a complex add-on with a custom autopilot? Remember that JoinFS is only able to synchronise standard SimConnect SDK variables, so anything which operates outside of that is unlikely to work.

ElioSaade

Postby ElioSaade » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:32 am

First of all , we're using the default A321 of FSX (we planned to use the airbus aerosoft but we thought it won't work, are we right ?).
Second, on an old post named "shared cockpit procedure", Peter explained that if I give permission over flight control, I won't be able to use them, but everything else can be used by either pilot at any moment, and this is not happening (it was an old post and new updates came after it so it is still the same procedures ?)
Finally, we're also experiencing other issues:
-If I give him one permission not related to flight control (as the autopilot for exemple), we can both use it but we can't see what the other is doing.
- Sometimes I experience a loss of power in my aircraft that cannot be corrected while he doesn't have any problem.
- When I give permissions, his aircraft jumps over mine without even clicking "join cockpit".

So that's it if we can have a new explanation of the permissions and if you don't experience these problems so it should be a problem with us this is why we are posting.

Thanks

Return to “Bugs”