Engine cut v1.4.3

Report problems with JoinFS.
spokes2112

Re: Engine cut v1.4.3

Postby spokes2112 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Peter,

Ron & I had a good test today with structured test procedures and multiple "ground up - restarting the sim etc.." tests .
Good news - our 1.4.6 did not have the fatal error, even after multiple restarts.
Bad news - The anti-cutoff doesn't work alone by itself.
Later on, after primary tests were completed, we did some "what if" tests using the lua. The cutoff was caught with a slight burp using a recip aircraft as the victim. (jets & t-props will have different results w/ the lua) It is not a remedy.

We (Avsim' Saturday crew) do have a full remedy but it cannot be discussed publicly.
I would like to discuss it with you and gladly share the information I have. Maybe it can help resolve this issue.
Are you available for a short teamspeak session? If so, name the day & time and I will gladly show up for a discussion.

Keep up the great work!
Regards,
Roman

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:46 pm

spokes2112 wrote:Bad news - The anti-cutoff doesn't work alone by itself.

Are you all using 1.4.6? I've had a report, see earlier post, that this issue is no longer a problem and doesn't require a workaround.

Peter

Ron Attwood

Postby Ron Attwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Peter wrote:
spokes2112 wrote:Bad news - The anti-cutoff doesn't work alone by itself.

Are you all using 1.4.6? I've had a report, see earlier post, that this issue is no longer a problem and doesn't require a workaround.

Peter

1.4.6 was used, both server and clients. With me using a default Mooney or/and a Maule, Roman joins with a Carenado PC12 or any Carenado I have in my collection that I substitute him for, my engines stopped/mixture cut off. Loads of tests with the same results. If you've been told it is no longer a problem, I suspect it was because they were not using a reasonably late model Carenado. It is purely a Carenado issue.
My view is that it isn't your concern i.e. not a JoinFS issue. For our(Avsimmers) purposes Romans workaround is fine.

spokes2112

Postby spokes2112 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:50 am

My view is that it isn't your concern i.e. not a JoinFS issue

I concur.
What is happening is on the client's side. No question.
Can't type this out, the data. (if else elseif then .....)

The question remains. Why only in P3dv4 dot x ?
Would like to discuss that.

OMGEDSON

Postby OMGEDSON » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 am

We have tested with ABSOLUTE certainty planes that were having the issue, are no longer showing it, in the exact same scenarios and at the same airports where originally we are hurdled around crying at the start of our tour being a bust due to everyone's engines cutting off as more people joined.

Server & Client 1.4.6
Turbo Commander 690s
Alabeo DA40s
King Airs
and even a Real Air Duke.

Now...how can one say it's not a JoinFS issue, when we can prove it happening only on JoinFS. FSCloud? No issue. need we prove further? OFFLINE, No Issue. 4.0 no issue. Sure, maybe LM broke something in 4.1...but i'm also certain that Peter is more than skilled enough to adapt and resolve.

PS: "We (Avsim' Saturday crew) do have a full remedy but it cannot be discussed publicly." Thank you for your wonderful contributions to the flight sim community...

spokes2112

Postby spokes2112 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:20 am

Thank you for your wonderful contributions to the flight sim community...

I offered it to Peter hoping it will help out in diagnosing.
After that, it cannot be a public release. Nuff said.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:49 am

Thanks for the update, Edson. That does confirm to me that the problem is indeed, for the large part, fixed.

Roman, if you'd like to PM me with a TS session and a time today, I'll be happy to have a chat with you about your remedy and to discuss which aircraft you're still having problems with and then decide if there is something else that needs to be done regarding the fix.

Peter

OMGEDSON

Postby OMGEDSON » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:39 am

Here to report we completed a large group flight with A2A Connies and had 0 issues with people joining (mixture cut). Previously this was one of the affected planes that went into a sharp nosedive.

thumbsup, lets get this to Stable to get all the servers compatible for fliers again!

OMGEDSON

Postby OMGEDSON » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 am

Peter,

I regret to inform that tonight we flew a Carenado King Air 350i with a Carenado 690B, alone in server, and the moment the 350iwould connect, the 690B would die. Mixture to 0.

Server. 1.4.6
Clients. 1.4.7

OMGEDSON

Postby OMGEDSON » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:11 am

Tested with the RealAir Duke, 1.4.6 client and server. 690B cuts out.

Return to “Bugs”