1.4.3 quiting straight after loading

Report problems with JoinFS.
picnic

1.4.3 quiting straight after loading

Postby picnic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Yesterday I was using joinFS on my laptop connected to FSX:SE. Tonight I'm trying to run it, I briefly see the windows I had open before then it quits.

I had a look in appdata\local\joinFS but no files are time stamped today. Is there a log I can see that might indicate what's going wrong?

Peter
Site Admin

Re: 1.4.3 quiting straight after loading

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:34 pm

If anything was written to the log then you could look at c:\Users\<user>\App Data\Local\JoinFS\log - current.txt. Otherwise it must be quitting due to some other error.

In Windows you can look at the event viewer. Under Windows Logs/Application you should see an error and perhaps get some details of what happened.

Do you have SimConnect installed on the laptop? And is .NET Framework 3.5 enabled on it?

Peter

picnic

Postby picnic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Darn it Peter you're so quick - I know what the problem is. I didn't have a working network connection. Laptop reported being connect via Wifi to the router but actually there was no connection. So minor issue but it's be nice is joinFS said no "network, quitting" rather than just stopping. Sorry to have distracted you :oops:

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:47 pm

No worries,

That's a good suggestion. ;)

Peter

Return to “Bugs”