On our last flights, we are suffering a nightmare with JoinFS. It get desync everytime, and we don't know why.
Logs don't show nothing strange, appart from Simconnect Exception: 3.
- Server is a JoinFS instance running on a PC acting only as server, running on a symetric 300mbps connection.
- All using FSX Steam Edition
- All flying VRS Superbug + Tacpack, with Broadcast deactivated.
- I'm flying with 300 mbps up/down connection.
- My buddies are flying with less than 10 mbps down / 1mbps up connection (around 8 down, 0,7 up)
At some point, planes start to float and desync, dissapear from the list, appear under the ground...
We found that opening Active Sky for example cause the desync on one of my buddies. With low connection. Maybe is this the issue? Low Bandwith option was also tried, with no success.
When we flew all with high speed connections, everything works like a charm. Problem looks to occur with the buddies with lower speed connection. Is this normal? What's the minimum speed connection needed to run JoinFS?
Sorry for the poor report, but I'm at work at the moment and I'm planing tonights flight, so maybe we can test something else to fix this.