Moving a Great Distance - Bug vs. Observation

Report problems with JoinFS.
Dan-TXHills

Moving a Great Distance - Bug vs. Observation

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Platform = FSX (combination of box and steam versions)

I (and others) have noted on a few occasions that if you move your aircraft a great distance (several thousand NM - maybe less but we have seen this when moving ~ 6,000 NM or more) that the person who moves does not see other aircraft in the area but those pilots see the aircraft that moved (note that not only does the one that moved not see others directly, the other aircraft do not populate on the View | Aircraft list). Disconnecting / reconnecting in JoinFS does not 'cure' this **. This problem appears to be resolved only if you shut down FSX, restart and spawn at the airport where others are (vs., for example, starting at your home airport then moving 6,000 NM to the other airport).

** Shutting down JoinFS and restarting then reconnecting also does not fix this, although we have not tested if shutting down JoinFS and waiting a minute or two for any latent nodes to clear would work. It seems that this might be the actual answer since it does not make sense why shutting down FSX and restarting and joining at an airport within a (relatively) limited range of others online would fix the problem - maybe it is simply the time delay required to restart FSX and reconnect that is the reason this works.

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Moving a Great Distance - Bug vs. Observation

Post by Peter »

Hi, Dan.

So, you say that after moving the other aircraft do not appear in the aircraft list. I take it that you are using the Follow feature. Are the aircraft listed before you move, and do they disappear after the move?

Peter
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Moving using the FSX menu item World | Go to Airport - so for example if I am at Miami (KMIA) and move to Wellington, NZ by selecting NZWN and appropriate gate or ramp parking then the other aircraft at NZWN do not appear (visually or on the View | Aircraft list).

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Are the aircraft in the list when you join the session though?

When you join a session you should see all aircraft in the list no matter where they are in the world. If they're not there then it could be a bug.

Peter
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

I did not note if I could see the aircraft initially on the list. Will have to test that.

Dan