Click here to download JoinFS version 1.2.3.
- Compatible with 1.2.2.
- Shared cockpit - autopilot master switch and heading/altitude hold.
- Fixed French translations.
- Added Dutch translations.
- Fixed refresh button position on aircraft list.
- Fixed some minor issues with hub list propagation.
- Forgot to change software license back to freeware.
- Removed 'Last Online' column in hub list. Not needed.
- Added option 'List empty hubs' to the hub list. Defaults to off.
- Compatible with 1.1.16.
- Fixed interaction with hub detail window.
- User now shown on the main window status bar ('Session users' 'hub users').
- Compatible with 1.1.15.
- New Auto Join button that keeps you connected to the best hub based on your location. Means you see other nearby aircraft.
- 3rd party events now propagated.
- Smoke index events now propagated.
- All list windows now require manual refresh using the 'Refresh' button. Auto updating was possibly causing performance issues on some PCs.
- Added 'View Map' button to the hub list.
- Added color to 'Connected' column on the user list.
- Moved gear and flaps to 'Other' controls for shared cockpit.
- Increased maximum circle of activity/radar to 600nm.
- Fixed duplicate entries when 'Include public users' is ticked.
- Fixed shared cockpit brake problem.
- Using different service for backup external IP address. Was giving IPv6 in some cases.
- Fixed minor network messaging bug.
- Fixed heading error in whazzup file.
- Fixed issue with online version check failing.
- Whazzup file fixes, nickname and removal of hyphens in aircraft type.
- Fixed shared cockpit message saying that you do not have permission to enter.
- Fixed shared cockpit bugs: throttle/mixture sync and juddering on flight control hand over.
- Shared cockpit: engine and other controls are now handed over in the same way as flight controls.
- Fixed possible thread lock issue.
- Simconnect updates have been returned to 10 per second to improve stability on some PCs.
- Fixed crash in user list.
- Fixed continually repeated entries on refresh of global user list.
- Fixed disabled global option for Whazzup file.
- Fixed incorrect latitude/longitude values.
- Option to list global users on the aircraft/user list and whazzup file.
- Fixed shared cockpit heading bug, trim, throttle, mixture, prop, spoiler, wing fold. Removal of empty aircraft.
- Changes to frequency and history of EuroScope file.
- Removed FSX@War objects from Tacpack broadcast option.
- Fix to allow recordings from version 1.1.8 to be opened.
- Adjust simconnect frequency again. Synced with frame rate.
- Objects get repositioned if they stray too far from network position.
- Removed 'Copy Plan' button. Will be implemented as part of a future chat window.
- Fixed missing distance data for recorded aircraft.
- Fixed long delay/pause when launching JoinFS.
- Distance column in the aircraft list is now highlighted to indicate the simulator injection status.
- Fixed ATC callsign in users list and whazzup.txt.
- Fixed missing data in the users list from version 1.1.9.
- Prevented Tacpack placeholder objects from being unnecessarily broadcast over the network.
- Network objects are now cleaned up immediately on removal, instead of being left to expire.
- Fixed circle of activity value. The setting is now linear from 2-200nm. Maximum is limited to FSX.
- Reduced number of SimConnect updates. Was unnecessarily frequent in version 1.1.9. (Not related to network updates)
- Fixed incorrect squawk code in the aircraft list.
- Multithreading - to reduce overall latency and help eliminate minor jitters.
- Fixed shared cockpit issues.
- Terminology change - the nodes list is now known as the users list.
- Fixed recorder bug where some aircraft recorded at wrong times.
- Whazzup file - removed hyphens in callsign.
- Fixed shared flight controls.
- Fixed empty radar/GPS bug from previous version.
- Fixed recorder for network aircraft.
- Added current FPS to monitor window.
- Fixed Whazzup file data.
- Fixed missing To/From bug introduced in previous version.
- Fixed crash in Tacpack model name.
- Shared cockpit controls. Flight controls do not work particularly well yet.
- Model matching now uses a default for each aircraft type-role.
- Automatic height adjustment of aircraft when people are using different airport scenery.
- Closing JoinFS using the X button now disconnects properly from the session.
- Bearing and heading now shown in object list.
- Objects can be selected for broadcast individually, by model, or by VRS Tacpack.
- Object list items can now be grouped using a tick box option.
- Whazzup FSD file support.
- Support for EuroScope radar software.
- Indicators on main form now function as buttons as well.
- Simulator reconnection attempts limited to 3.
- Case insensitive scan for 'Title=' keywords.
- Static simulator objects are now detected and can be broadcast.
- Fixed error when clicking on empty 'My IP' box.
- More French translations.
- Separate model matching for each installed simulator. Rescan required.
- Added missing resource DLL for French translation.
- Fixed a couple of problems obtaining 'My IP'.
- Substitution window now takes optional filter words to narrow down the list of aircraft types.
- Automatic substitution for aircraft that use custom paints or have similar model names. Suffix is '(A)'.
- Fixed bug where program appears to hang when using 'UI Always On Top' setting.
- First attempt at enabling aircraft on Euroscope. See settings.
- Hyphens now accepted in bookmark domain names.
- Minimize window to system tray. See settings.
- Fix for the tumbling aircraft during aerobatics.
- Bitcoin donations now accepted.
- French translation.
- Hyperlinks now active on the hub list.
- Added extra network details to the node list.
- Renamed 'Analyser' window as 'Recorder'.
- Free resources used for http operations, to fix reported case of Windows port error.
- Possible fix for rare case of all aircraft flying off randomly.
- Offline hubs are now removed after two weeks.
- Ignored aircraft are now hidden. Use 'List ignored' to show all.
- Added confirmation for ignoring hubs.
- Join button for the hub list is disabled for offline hubs.
- Fixed problem with bookmark address.
- Hubs using non-default port value now appear correctly in the hub list.
- Tacpack related local objects are broadcast by default. No need to use auto-broadcast option.
- No longer crashes when website is unavailable.
- Modified routing tolerances to fix disconnects over low quality connections.
- Restored drop down bookmark list for quick joining.
- Fixed incorrect warning when substitute list is empty. Asks for a default model.
- Shortened statistics headers on hub and bookmark lists.
- Fixed scan for models, including AeroSoft Airbus and other objects. Please rescan your models.
- System tray support. See File menu, or "-tray" on command line.
- Setting for Always On Top window state.
- Fixed bug when "Join session, leave, join same session again.
- Informative warning when the correct SimConnect version is missing.
- Fixed the window update for hubs and bookmarks.
- Object list features: broadcast, ignore, substitute boats and vehicles.
Command line options:
- -play "file"
- -join address
- -port number
- -hubaddress address
- -hubname "name"
- -hubabout "description"
- -hubvoip "voice server"
- -hubevent "next event details"
- -nickname "nickname"
- -activitycircle number
- -follow distance
- -airport ICAO code
- Can now sort hub and bookmark lists by clicking on the column headers.
- Fixed incorrect reporting of object counts in the hub and bookmark lists.
- Updated data version.
- Initial release of the hub network. See menu, View|Hubs and settings.
- Terminology change - Pilot list is now the Node list. Makes more sense as some may be controllers.
- Fixed multiple-engine bug.
- Fixed jumpy network aircraft on recordings.
- Warning when in ATC Mode and recording.
- Redesigned the model matching window. Now shows a list of all current substitutions.
- Fixed standby frequencies for shared cockpit.
- Fixed From/To airport schedule.
- Fixed some issues with the monitor window getting overloaded.
- Removed some IP addresses for non-hub clients. Privacy measure.
- Fixed bug which could cause sessions to combine. Improved session management.
- Objects window now partially functional.
- New application icon.
- Minor fix for ATC mode, callsign.
- Fixed a couple of minor bugs when switching between airplanes and helicopters.
- In ATC Mode, now initialises aircraft's airline and flight number.
- Fixed aircraft count on pilot list.
- Fixed network bug.
- Fixed bug on empty 'My IP'.
- Optimized network packets to reduce bandwidth consumption.
- Fixed network bugs.
- Code to prevent routing overload.
- Network data reduced for objects beyond activity circle.
- Fixed route address on pilot list.
- Added Com1/Com2 to aircraft list.
- Fixed jumbled frequencies. All Com/Nav/Adf should now work in shared cockpit.
- New pilot list replaces Network window. Ignoring a pilot here will ignore all their aircraft and objects.
- Fixed helicopter issue causing errors and failure to add model to the simulator.
- Pilots with different versions of the network data can not connect to the same session, to improve stability between versions.
- Added object (ground/boat) list. Currently disabled until after special Christmas event.
- Fixed bug where aircraft were not getting removed when a pilot leaves.
- Test version now uses same settings as the stable version.
- Added support for large guaranteed network packets.
- Added backup source for 'My IP'.
- Can now ignore any simulator aircraft including duplicates created by VATSIM and IVAO clients.
- Fixed Share Cockpit and Ignore tick boxes.
- Fixed model scanner to find 'title =' prefix (space before equals).
- Fixed misaligned columns in aircraft details.
- Hub settings. Not functional yet, work in progress.
- Remove duplicate aircraft when connecting to VATSIM.
- Now storing timestamps in double precision.
- Enter Cockpit enabled on recorded/AI aircraft.
- Transmitting fuel selector, avionics, COM TX, COM, NAV, ADF frequencies.
- Added "(S)" for substituted and "(D)" for default in the aircraft list model column.
- Fixed bug in recording network aircraft.
- Fixed canopy and flap animations.
- Ability to ignore other pilots. All aircraft owned by that pilot will not be inserted into the simulator.
- Pilots can now decide whom they wish to share their cockpit with. Tick box in aircraft list. Can be globally shared in 'File|Settings'.
- Fixed missing buttons in aircraft list.
- Removed longitude and latitude from Settings. Not needed.
- 'My IP' address is now cached each day.
- New setting to specify the circle of activity for inserting aircraft into the simulator.
- New ATC Mode setting to show aircraft on the default radar. Intended only for controllers because there are visual side-effects for the aircraft.
- 'Scan For Models' now allows selection of SimObject folders and additional extra folders.
- Now checks for an empty model list at launch and if necessary asks to scan for models.
- Shows Mach number instead of knots at large speeds.
- Asks for a default model if one has not yet been set.
- Fixed recorder bug when recording network aircraft.
- Terminology change. 'Join Cockpit' is now called 'Enter Cockpit'.
- Terminology change. 'Unknown' model is now called 'Default'.
- Aircraft list is now resizable.
- Added a Copy Weather button on the aircraft list for a once-only copy of the weather.
- Current wind is now shown for the selected aircraft in the aircraft details.
- Aircraft are only inserted into the sim within a 100nm radius.
- Aircraft will now show in the list without having to launch the simulator first.
- Cached settings.
- First phase of shared cockpit. Join any aircraft as a passenger. See 'View|Aircraft|Join Cockpit'.
- First phase of flight Analyser. See 'View|Analyser'. Currently allows instant scrolling through a recording.
- Fixed bug that caused viewed aircraft to move up and down.
- Domain names are now supported as well as IP addresses.
- Reopens all previously opened windows at launch.
- Fixed recording bug that caused the network aircraft to become chaotic.
- The View windows will now restore correctly when selected from the main menu.
- Fixed network routing algorithm.
- Fixed aircraft bearing (opposite direction).
- Fixed network data errors.
- Fixed window position on load. Now uses default position when off the screen.
- Fix for network instability introduced in 1.0.5 optimisations.
- Hopefully have now fixed the loop twisting (tumble dryer) bug.
- Added pilot nicknames. See File|Settings.
- Added an option to use nicknames instead of the callsign in the simulator label.
- Moved some aircraft data into separate area below the aircaft list.
- Added IFR/VFR, ICAO from/to, ETA, altitude and speed to aircraft list.
- Fixed invalid data appearing in aircraft list. Now shows '-' when no data is available.
- Fixed auto broadcast on helicopters.
- Fixed overdub timing issue.
- Option for auto saving the Monitor log to a file.
- Minor bug fix for initial window position being off screen.
- Now using high frequency system timers for position updates.
- Network optimisations - reduced unnecessary bandwidth usage.
- Added an option for low-bandwidth connections which halves the bandwidth requirement.
- Simplified model matching windows and selection method. (Thanks, Travis)
- Fixed bug in recorded network aircraft.
- Tidied up 'View|Network' window.
- Second attempt at fixing the twisting effect during a loop manoeuvre.
- Restore window positions from previous locations.
- 'View|Network' now shows the direct address as well as the route to avoid confusion.
- Slight improvement to routing algorithm.
- METAR updates now shown in 'View|Monitor'.
- Shared weather.
- Fixed possible cause of the P3D user's aircraft not showing for others.
- Enabled row selection on the Aircraft List.
- Model matching and other functions are now available below the Aircraft List.
- Added distance, bearing and heading to the Aircraft List.
- Added a Follow button to the Aircraft List which positions you behind the selected aircraft.
- Now only scans Airplanes and Rotorcraft folders for models (FSX).
- Fixed bug where aircraft were not appearing in the list after a simulator restart.
- Separate registry settings for test version.
- Fixed repeated line count bug in Monitor. Now resets counter.
- Removed some test waypoints that may be causing a crash in version 1.0.0-TEST.
- Settings dialog.
- Local port configuration.
- Option to auto broadcast simulator objects.
- Now scans for sim.cfg files as well to pick up some helicopter models.
- Fixed Model matching where paints had double quotes in the model name.
- Added extra support for router uPnP. May help in some cases.
- All lights now supported.
- Squawk now supported.
- Helicopters now supported.
- Reduced sampling frequency.
- Fixed incorrect menu type that caused focus and mouse click issue.
- 'My IP' should now only show IPv4 addresses, and never IPv6.
- Fixed truncated model list.
- Remembers selected simulator folder after scan.
- Gives warning about saving the current recording.
- Asks once when a new version becomes available.
- Fixed Record check box on View|Aircraft.
- Recordings can now be played back over the network.
- Recordings now play automatically when opened.
- Recordings can be specified on the command line. JFS files can now be associated and opened with JoinFS executable.
- Implemented version support for data in recordings and network. For future modifications and backward compatibility.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed twisting of aircraft that occurred performing a loop.
- Overdub recording
- Record and play back multiple aircraft. Ability to broadcast recorded aircraft over the network.
- Model matching entry for unknown aircraft models.
- Uninstall shortcut from the programs menu
- New version notification - version number turns red.
- Fix for juddering aircraft.
- Fix for aircraft not getting created when closing and restarting simulator.
- UI changes.
- Implemented dynamic routing to cope with problematic router configurations.
- Gear, canopy and flap animations.
- Fixed some network bugs.
- Model matching selection by UI-friendly Manufacturer, Type and Variation.