JoinFS is a free cross-platform multiplayer client for flight simulators.
- Smooth jitter-free movement of aircraft.
- A minimal and clean user interface.
- Typically uses less than 1% of CPU time.
- Uses less than 20Mb system memory.
Small And Efficient Client
Low-Latency Peer To Peer Topology With Dynamic Rerouting
JoinFS can monitor and detect any connectivity problems and will automatically reroute network data in order to maintain the integrity of the session and consequently bypasses issues with NAT home routers.
Decentralized Public Server Network
In hub mode the server details are propagated automatically across the client network. There is no central server.
- Brings together pilots from different simulators: FSX:Steam, Prepar3D, FSX (boxed).
- Hostless low-latency network topology.
- When the original creator of the network leaves, the session continues as normal.
- Simple model matching allows you to substitute any aircraft model instantly while connected.
- Decentralized hub mode allows anyone to run a publicly listed hub. No central servers.
- Pilots may join a network by connecting to any other pilot in the session.
- Animations are transmitted over the network; landing gear, elevator, ailerons, rudder, propeller, canopy, lights and smoke.
- Record and save multiple aircraft to a file and play back recordings live to other pilots in the network.
- Overdub feature allows you to iteratively build your own formation flight or airshow with mixed aircraft.
- Groups of pilots can be present on VATSIM or IVAO at the same time as JoinFS.
- Bookmarks make it easy to save your regular connections.
On The Horizon
- Version 1.3.x. Post-flight formation analysis tool.
- Version 2.0.x. Formation drones. AI aircraft that can be added to a formation flight. Assign a lead aircraft or station for each drone.
Record, Play and Overdub
JoinFS includes its own flight recorder. This enables you to record your aircraft along with other pilots in the JoinFS network. When you play back a recording the aircraft are also broadcast over the network so that all pilots can see your recording. This allows you to pre-record a lead aircraft which everyone in the session can then formate on. The overdub feature enables you to overlay new flights onto the recording which means you can iteratively build your own unlimited formation.
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8.0 / 7 / XP, Linux (Wine).
- .NET Framework 3.5.
- SimConnect 10.0.61259.0. This already comes with FSX (Boxed). FSX:Steam users may need to install the legacy version from (FSX)\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi
- If you wish to create a network, or allow other pilots to join, you may need to enable uPnP or Port Forwarding for 6112 on your router.
- Aircraft may appear to stutter at very high frame rates. It is recommended that you limit your frame rate to around 35 for smooth movement. The cause of this is beyond JoinFS' control.
Any suggestions or queries about JoinFS then please use the support forum
Special thanks to CIX VFR Club for teaching me how to fly, and to the Tiger Moth, Chippies and Warbird teams for initial testing.
Clubs and virtual airlines flying with JoinFS
If you would like to add a link to this site, please use one of the logos here. Thanks.
JoinFS software written by Peter Memmott. Copyright 2017 Peter Memmott.