MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK ERROR

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
garyirv

MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK ERROR

Postby garyirv » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:31 am

After installing and starting JoinFS I get Microsoft net framework error saying:

Unhanded exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT:0X8007007E)

If I click on continue I keep getting same error.

Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks for any help.

Peter
Site Admin

Re: MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK ERROR

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:02 am

Hi Gary,

When that box shows, there should be a button with 'details'. Could you click on that and then copy and paste the text that is shown and email it to me, thanks. emailto://admin@pmem.uk

Once you've done that, you could try making sure that you have .NET 3.5 installed on your computer. What version of Windows are you running?

Best regards,
Peter

garyirv

Postby garyirv » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:24 am

Hi Peter,
After upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 JoinFS works just fine, no more error's.

Thanks for your quick reply in trying to help me.

Gary

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:05 am

Great, have fun!

Peter

sreeda43

Postby sreeda43 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:27 pm

Having the exact same problem. My .net version is 4 and I already have the Anniversary 1607 update. What else can I do?

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi,

Try going to the control panel. Select 'Uninstall A Program'. On the left panel, select 'Turn Windows Features On or Off'. That should show a list with .NET Framework 3.5 somewhere near the top. Make sure this is ticked, and click OK. That should stop the error.

Peter

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:06 am

Hi,

a solution to this has been found on another thread. You need to install the correct SimConnect module, as follows:

Steam users:
<FSX>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi

Prepar3D users:
<P3D>\dist\

Peter

RoseNY

Postby RoseNY » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:22 am

I also received this error, thanks for saying the solution, here https://yumdownload.com/microsoft-net-framework I usually download the necessary software for the PC, maybe it will be suitable. I also used the available updates and I plan to use it in the future.Thanks for the support.

Alistair

Postby Alistair » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:46 am

Dear Peter,
I have JoinFS 1.2.5 installed on my PC, but unfortunately, start the program with "Can not find the specified module. (Exception of HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
On the support forum I read, I need to install .NET Framework 3.5. 3.5 has been installed together with 4.7 AdvancedServices. This does not provide a solution. Further searching on the internet has not given a solution.
Do you have any ideas to solve this?

Sincerely,
Alistair

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:52 am

Hi Alistair,

Have you also installed the correct version of SimConnect? There was a post about it on this thread previously.

Peter wrote:Hi,

a solution to this has been found on another thread. You need to install the correct SimConnect module, as follows:

Steam users:
<FSX>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi

Prepar3D users:
<P3D>\dist\

Peter

Hopefully that should solve it.

Peter

Return to “Queries”