Can't find HUB

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Juergen2

Can't find HUB

Postby Juergen2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:41 am

Hi,
I am having a similar problem as Ron Attwood posted on March 30, 2018 - "Can't see my hub".
His solution cured itself apparently and other people could find the hub.
I (we) have been flying with JoinFS for over a year and everything worked as "advertised". After a week of shutting down the machine, my friend can not connect (join) any longer. I did not have the HUB MODE enabled, created a session and he was able to join the session by clicking join on the first display and the button would turn GREEN. After this we were able to see each other in the simulator. Now, his button remains "YELLOW" so we are unable to see each other. I don't know what could have changed.
When I create a session and the button turned green, I can not see the session in the hub display (correct?).
The version we are running is 1.4.13
When I enable HUB MODE, I can see the session, however he CAN NOT see it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

ATC Roo

Re: Can't find HUB

Postby ATC Roo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:28 pm

The only thing that springs to mind is ports.

Have you set the port and enabled it through your router?

If not give that a go.

Can other people see your hub or connect to your session?

If yes that would eliminate your setup and we'd need to look at why your friend can't join.

Juergen2

Postby Juergen2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:30 am

Hi,
I checked my router and the port 6112 is forwarded and I have a static IP for my PC (there have been no changes made since January of last year). We always flew in a session where I created the session and he joined the session.
Question:
What number/info should be in the box next to Me (on the Home screen of JoinFS) on my side?
What number/info should be in the box next to Join - on my side?
What number/info should be in the box next to Me - on his side?
What number/info should be in the box next to Join - on his side?
For test purposes I activated HUB Mode and I could see the HUB in the hub display, but he could not. So I am not sure if the problem is with my setup or his.
Thanks for suggestion
Juergen Mader

edakridge

Postby edakridge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:15 am

Juergen, a quick question. Are you using your main flight computer to generate the session or a separate "Server" computer?

Juergen2

Postby Juergen2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:19 am

Hi Edakridge,
I use the main flight simulator PC to create the session
BTW - the strange thing is that I have not changed anything on my side since last January.
Thanks for help
Juergen

Juergen2

Postby Juergen2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:58 am

Hi All,
I have attached a screenshot of my settings. We compared the settings screen on both sides and the only difference is that there is a tick mark on PASSWORD and a password is entered (all grayed out) on my friends side. There is no password entry on my side.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124 ... res/48M1f7.
Also, where does the number next to me come from? Is it generated by JoinFS; can it be changed?
I am grasping at straws now, but the program is such a important part of our simming.
Again thanks for help
Juergen

edakridge

Postby edakridge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Juergen, The number next to "ME" is your IP address camouflaged by the JoinFS program. I suggest that you try this: Send that number to your friend and have him/her put that number into the "JOIN" box instead of using the Bookmark. Your IP address may have changed.

Juergen2

Postby Juergen2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi Edakridge,
I will do that.
What IP is this? If I go ipconfig than there is IPv6 and IPv4. Also how is my IP entered into the „me“ box? It has to be automatic, since I can not change it. Is there a way to see what the actual IP address is (not camouflaged by the program)?
Again thanks a lot for your help. I will report back on Monday, since he is gone for the weekend. If you can think of anything else I can try on my end, please let me know.
Thanks
Juergen

spokes2112

Postby spokes2112 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Maybe Ron will stop in.. IIRC it was his computer that changed the machine's IP.
... After a week of shutting down the machine, my friend can not connect (join) any longer.
... BTW - the strange thing is that I have not changed anything on my side since last January.
... Your IP address may have changed.

You may have not changed anything, but the OS may have on the reboot.
It may be worth the time to run ipconfig.exe (if Win) and verify the IPs

Juergen2

Postby Juergen2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi Spokes2112,
Here is the good news: I still got a hold of my buddy and I gave him my IP address and it worked just great.
So here is the strange thing, when we checked the settings menu on his side, the password was ticked and he had a password entered. However, the password section was grayed out and could not be modified. On my side the password section was grayed out with no tick or entry. So what I am guessing is that we flew by him entering my password in his Join box and I must have had a password entered in the settings password section.
Any idea how you can enter a password? Actually, we will leave it with my IP address, which is far more secure to changes.
I/we hope this makes sense and I certainly do appreciate all your help
Thanks
Juergen Mader

Return to “Queries”