Shared cockpit

Report problems with JoinFS.
skelsey

Re: Shared cockpit

Postby skelsey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi Elio(?)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I have to say that having experimented a bit I am now seeing what you are seeing with regard to the control permissions -- it appears that something is not quite synchronising properly there and needs looking in to. As you say, if you hand over all controls the other pilot can fly and control everything as expected -- and if you take the flight controls back that works properly -- but the other two permissions (flap/gear and radios/nav) appear to only be transferring to the pilot who has the flight controls.

Re: the aircraft 'jumping' when giving permissions -- that I have not noted but I am not surprised in a sense in that I always give cockpit entry permissions only first and then only transfer other permissions once the other party has joined the aircraft as it does seem logical to me that odd things might happen if one tries to hand over the flight controls to someone who isn't in the aeroplane yet!

One other issue we are noting is with the brakes -- those using brake axes seem to have no issues, but when a button is used for braking we are having quite frequent issues with loss of braking (though the parking brake can still be set).

ElioSaade

Postby ElioSaade » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Hello, (yes my name is Elio)

I was first worried because i thought the problem was just with me but someone already replied that he have the same issue earlier and also an other topic had been made on the same bug and now your intervention so I can say now that this is a bug in the whole update.
Then for the brakes we have also a problem : when we use the differencial brakes while doing a turn for exemple it get stuck so we keep having differencial brakes for all taxi until we takeoff or park.
For the aircraft jumping I think it's not really common just one reported having this problem.
And yes I think you're right when it comes to permissions after entering the cockpit.

Now all we have to do is wait for any news from Peter because it's been a while we're waiting but I understand all the work he has to do alone.

Mike3433

Postby Mike3433 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Hey all,

I recently discovered JoinFS and loving the shared cockpit experience. Thank you Very much Peter for making a dream come to reality.

That being said, I have to agree, The permissions is very much glitched in versions above 1.4.3

I have been testing with multiple friends on version 1.4.12 and 1.4.9 with Stock FSX-Steam in shared cockpits of a Stock 737-800 and a few prop planes. Also note all the users are running windows 10 64-bit.

Permissions desync if the owner hands over any of the permissions other than "Hand over flight controls."

When another user gets Only "Hand over gear, flaps, lights and spoilers" and/or "Hand over navigation and autopilot" the owner of the aircraft does not see any changes being done. Ironically the passenger is able to change and SEE the changes, but the simulation will fight the position of the aircraft to the owners own position. As soon as the owner additionally hands off "Hand over flight controls" to the passenger, it syncs with all the settings that were changed during the desync.

The temp solution at this time is to use 1.4.3 which currently has proper syncing of permissions.

Another crazy note during testing with 1.4.3 is that if you set the stock Virtual cockpit 737-800 autopilot altitude hold selector to anything above 32400, the passengers will get 00000. we tested this with the passenger having permissions and when setting the altitude to 33000, the owner saw 00000. As soon as the user goes back to 32400 or lower, it resyncs flawlessly.

If any testing needs to be done, I would be happy to assist.

ElioSaade

Postby ElioSaade » Thu May 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Hello,
Thanks @Mike3433 for all your testing and feedback. It's now obvious we have a serious issue with this but it's been 2 months and we still don't have any news of Peter for this bug so hope he's working on this. And thanks also for advising us to use older versions we didn't think of this.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue May 15, 2018 11:31 am

Just a quick update on this. I'll try to get these shared cockpit issues sorted out over the next few weeks. I don't really want to leave the code with major problems still present - seems a bit unnecessary. I may also do occasional updates in future, but only for minor things really.

Peter

Mike3433

Postby Mike3433 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 am

I strongly appreciate the attention Peter. :geek:

ElioSaade

Postby ElioSaade » Wed May 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Thanks for your support Peter !

Return to “Bugs”