ATC with JOINFS

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
ATC Roo
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby ATC Roo » Sun May 20, 2018 9:01 am

Ok.
I notice that your whazzup has the lat lon with a , and not a .

If you use P3D as the source is the Aircraft where it should be?

jopie_60
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:45 am

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby jopie_60 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:51 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi,

As shown by the emoticons I'm very, very, very happy.

The Dutch notification voor decimals is a "," and speration for thousants is a "."
Within Windows I've changed the , and the . then I've restarted Windows and te the miracle has been happened.

My aircraft was now visible at the beginning of the 36L and while taxiing the aircraft was also moving.

Is it possible to create a button, in JoinFS or ESJFS2018 which convert the whazzup.file from a Dutch notification into the International notification?

Still very, very happy, the coming days I'll go on with further testing and I'll surely keep you informed.

With big regards and a large smile on my face

Hans

ATC Roo
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby ATC Roo » Sun May 20, 2018 11:15 am

Excellent Hans.
Good news.

I'll have to have a think.
I can understand Windows changing the whazzup txt file.
But I'm not sure why it would change what is written directly from P3D or FSUIPC.

jopie_60
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:45 am

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby jopie_60 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:54 am

Hi

I've not yet tested with FSX/Prepar or FSUIPC but I'll do this asap.

All members off DFN (Dutch Flightnetwork.nl) has to log in with JoinFS on our own (not public) DFN server and
the ATC-er also logged in in JoinFS and had to get his information in ES from JoinFS. So in my opinion ATC don't need to connect with ESJSF2018 with FSX/Prepar of FSUIPC.

(new) Chapter Flightplans
When a flightplan is loaded in the simulator this flightplan wo't be stored in ES when using the JoinFS connecting in ESJSF2018 but when the connection in ESJSF2018 is with FSX/P3D the flightplan is stored and so visible in ES.

FSUIPC not tested yet.

When i look in the whazzup.txt I see the both Airports, do you need the whazzupfile?

With Regards

Hans

ATC Roo
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby ATC Roo » Sun May 20, 2018 12:57 pm

jopie_60 wrote:Hi

I've not yet tested with FSX/Prepar or FSUIPC but I'll do this asap.

All members off DFN (Dutch Flightnetwork.nl) has to log in with JoinFS on our own (not public) DFN server and
the ATC-er also logged in in JoinFS and had to get his information in ES from JoinFS. So in my opinion ATC don't need to connect with ESJSF2018 with FSX/Prepar of FSUIPC.


Yes, that's how I also like to use it.
There is no need to run a SIM.
This is good if a controller does not have a SIM or they want to minimise CPU usage.

I added the FSX and FSUIPC options so that a controller could connect a SIM if they wanted to gain information that way instead.

jopie_60 wrote:(new) Chapter Flightplans
When a flightplan is loaded in the simulator this flightplan wo't be stored in ES when using the JoinFS connecting in ESJSF2018 but when the connection in ESJSF2018 is with FSX/P3D the flightplan is stored and so visible in ES.

FSUIPC not tested yet.

When i look in the whazzup.txt I see the both Airports, do you need the whazzupfile?

Hans


When connected with the JoinFS ticked, all the information is gained from the JoinFS whazzup file and sent to Euroscope when the update button is clicked.

If the send plans every 15mins is ticked, the plans will be sent every 15mins over writhing any previous plans in Euroscope.

The Aircraft will need a DEP and ARR ICAO in the whazzup.txt file.

From your description it sounds like you need to press the update flight plans button or wait 15mins if the checkbox is ticked.

jopie_60
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:45 am

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby jopie_60 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:38 am

Good day

The Dutch version of Windows is the caution with the problem with the comma and the dot in whazzup.txt

I've both exchanged within the configuration of Windows, but I'm not sure if this will give errors or strange output in other programs, but my aircraft is placed on the right place.

I think that JoinFS generates the LON and LAT as a number and not as a string, maybe is it possible to changes it in a next version of JoinFS.

With the flightplans I've no longer problems.

The comming time DFN will we further testing with JoinFS - ESJSF2018 - Euroscope.

Thanks for all the coolaboration

With regards

Hans

ATC Roo
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby ATC Roo » Mon May 21, 2018 2:21 pm

jopie_60 wrote:Good day

The Dutch version of Windows is the caution with the problem with the comma and the dot in whazzup.txt

I've both exchanged within the configuration of Windows, but I'm not sure if this will give errors or strange output in other programs, but my aircraft is placed on the right place.

I think that JoinFS generates the LON and LAT as a number and not as a string, maybe is it possible to changes it in a next version of JoinFS.

With the flightplans I've no longer problems.

The comming time DFN will we further testing with JoinFS - ESJSF2018 - Euroscope.

Thanks for all the coolaboration

With regards

Hans


I think I should be able to add a check for this issue in ESJFS.

I know somebody else had the issue, so I would have thought it is not only related to the Dutch language.

I'll have a look later today and release another final version shortly.

ATC Roo
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby ATC Roo » Mon May 21, 2018 7:58 pm

Version 2.1 now available.

Fixes the Lat Lon issue when using a language other than English.
Added the option to display or hide a user aircraft.

This is the Final version..... unless something stupid crops up. :?

jopie_60
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:45 am

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby jopie_60 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:56 pm

thanks

ATC Roo
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby ATC Roo » Tue May 22, 2018 7:58 pm

jopie_60 wrote:thanks

Does it work ok?


Return to “Discussion”