New Feature Requests

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Pilote334

Re: New Feature List

Postby Pilote334 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi Peter,

Great things about command line but JoinFs will ask to scan model when list is empty. It wil always empty on a server standalone. So you have to add "-noscan" on the list of commandline. Sorry for the work to do...

Regardless of that point, the 1.1.2 version is a really good job ! Greetings !

Yves

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi Yves,

good point. Not a problem and thanks for the heads up.

I could add a -quiet and start the window minimized, or how about making it go to the system tray?

Peter

Pilote334

Postby Pilote334 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi Peter

For the tray options, no matter about it when JoinFs is running as windows service because it is invisible (background task).

Another point is about -join command : it make sense to have the ability to add a specific port with the IP address as value. Actually, it work one time on two, it's not reliable. Could you see that point ?

Thanks for your work. Do you know ? Your work make the buzz in the simmer community. Well, I think it's a good thing for you, and for us too.

It's always a pleasure to read you,

Yves

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi Yves,

I've added support for the system tray for version 1.1.3, so you can close to the system tray and reopen it. The "-tray" option will start it in the system tray. I believe you can get tools that can run any program as a Windows service, so I suppose something like "StartAsService JoinFS.exe -tray" will do the trick.

Yes, I just tried the -join option and it's doesn't seem to work properly. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Thanks for your last comment as well. :D

Peter

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:58 am

Peter I hope you don't mind but I've listed a couple of features below which may help people not a part of a flight sim group who just want to join in the fun.
    1. A html hyperlink in the Hubs menu Voice server section, as this will allow hub admin to input their voice server address (ts3://aserver.com or a discord link etc etc) and users then only need to click it to join.
    2. The Nearest airport of a node already in a session, (maybe in the nodes list?) as people then know where everybody else is flying in the world.
    3. In the Hubs list display ATC along with Airplanes, Helicopters, Boats etc as this will allow those looking for ATC to see which hubs have an ATCO online.
    If the nearest airport was also included as above they could see where that ATC was controlling too.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:41 pm

1. I was thinking about that recently. That should be quite easy to do.
2. That's pretty much already on the todo list.
3. Interesting. I could use the ATC Mode, however some people use that to show aircraft on the GPS so that wouldn't quite work. How about I check if the user has no aircraft and has ATC Mode enabled. Would that cover it? Do you ever do ATC while loaded up with an aircraft?

Thanks,
Peter

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Peter wrote:3. Interesting. I could use the ATC Mode, however some people use that to show aircraft on the GPS so that wouldn't quite work. How about I check if the user has no aircraft and has ATC Mode enabled. Would that cover it? Do you ever do ATC while loaded up with an aircraft?

Thanks,
Peter

Would it be Even easier if you implemented it the same as Aircraft, Helicopters and Boats?

Ie Aircaft Helicopters Boats ATC
! 2 ! 1 ! 0 ! 1 !

and in the Aircraft list (I think it is?) Where it lists Nicknames = Roo Aircraft = Cessna 172 etc it could list Air Traffic Controller instead of Cessna?

If Nearest airport was also in that list it would put that against the Air Traffic Controller player anyway.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:01 pm

ATC Roo wrote:Would it be Even easier if you implemented it the same as Aircraft, Helicopters and Boats?

What I meant was how does JoinFS know that you are acting as an ATC? I can't just use the ATC Mode because some people use that for GPS radar. I can check that you don't have an aircraft loaded up as well and use that to imply that you are doing ATC.

Peter

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Ah I Misunderstood.
That's the problem with reading posts quickly whilst on a tea break. ;)

FSX would know you're ATC the same way it knows your a Cessna.
The title in the cfg file.

Ron Attwood

Postby Ron Attwood » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello Peter. A little thing came up yesterday evening (Oo er missus!) re: name tags.

Scenario: people have spawned at different ends of the runway, i.e. 0.5-7 miles away. Name tags cannot be seen until we are at 0.3 miles when they come on again. In the air they are visible 6,7,8 miles away.
Where it is a 'concern' is when the clans are gathering "Is everyone in?" " I can't see anyone" " Leave and rejoin then". You get the picture.
Is there a way this can be rationalised?
Really looking for stuff to complain about now! :D

Return to “Discussion”