New Feature Requests

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: New Feature List

Postby Peter » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi, Yves,

thanks for posting.

Do you mean that you would like to run JoinFS without the interface? I could certainly implement the ini file idea as that would ease deployment on a server. I might be wrong, but isn't there software available that can run any executable as a Windows service? Perhaps that might be one way of doing it.

Best regards,
Peter

DCA1161

Postby DCA1161 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi, Peter,
I have asked this before, but I don't see or reconise it in the Feature List. In order to connect to the server of DC3 Airways I need to be able to add an ID and a password. At the moment we use FSCopilot and FSInn and for P3D users also the Migration Tool. Those programs are not made up t date any more. For special events we use to make recordings with FSRecorder, but that's not working for P3D. Sinds you made an excellant recorderoption, JoinFS would be an ideal program to use for us.
Cheers, Roy

Pilote334

Postby Pilote334 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi Peter,

Ok, I would precise my request :

Yes, JoinsFS must be able to run without the GUI and with a command line that start or stop the program (ie : create or leave fonctions).

You are able to run any program as windows service with "instsrv.exe" and "servany.exe" that is provided by Microsoft. These services installed with these tools are part of svchost general purpose service of Windows (all versions since Win2000).

This solution allow to run any program on background without the need to open a user session. It's very usefull on a protected server and it's very reliable because, in case of a loss of power or an unattended shutdown, the service (and then, the program associated) restart with the restart of the whole OS.

I hope it helps...

Yves

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:46 pm

That sounds fair enough. I shall look at doing a command line option to suppress the UI and load the settings from a file. That ought to be easy enough. It's on the list.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Peter

Zulu

Postby Zulu » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:13 am

Is there a way to implement FS Recorder compatibility? Like host could run FS Recording and others would see it?

marte21

Postby marte21 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:28 am

Zulu, you have an excellent recorder/player inside JoinFS, why do you want to use the old FsRecorder?

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:16 am

Hi Zulu,

I think you should be able to do a manual conversion. Play the FSRecorder file as normal using FSRecorder. At the same time, have JoinFS running and select all the aircraft that you wish to record and start recording in JoinFS. That will effectively convert from frc files to jfs files.

Best regards,
Peter

Zulu

Postby Zulu » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:25 pm

I will try. Thank you. I just thought it might not work. I tried to play FS Recording and my friend did not see other aircrafts.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:32 am

Zulu wrote:I will try. Thank you. I just thought it might not work. I tried to play FS Recording and my friend did not see other aircrafts.

Did you tick 'Broadcast' on the aircraft in the aircraft list that you wanted them to see? That should work.

Peter

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi,

as requested earlier in this thread, I've now added a set of command line options to aid in the running or deployment on a server.

Version 1.1.2, http://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html

Best regards,
Peter

Return to “Discussion”