ATC with JOINFS

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
viggen35

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Postby viggen35 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:55 am

ATC Roo wrote:Are people still interested in using EuroScope with JoinFS?

Hello,

i'm very interesed :mrgreen:

regards

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:53 am

I do have something working at the moment which takes the data Peter outputs from JoinFS and creates a euroscope log file.

Euroscope can then playback the log file showing the data on screen.

I need to iron out a few things but I'll post here when I'm happy with it if people wanted to try it.

Comms and handover to other controllers won't work but Metar and a list of other controllers will.

beneidemthepilot

Postby beneidemthepilot » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi Peter, Roo,

I've had a ton of success with creating video maps (sector files) for Euroscope with the Seattle Virtual ATC community.
The only major problem that I'm having before we can utilize the ES / JFS functionality is that the secondary beacon (squawk) codes don't seem to transfer into Euroscope properly, therefore, I'm unable to correlate the radar targets and am limited to primary radar identification methods.
Update: just noticed the discussion between Roo and Peter here http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=452

Additionally, when there are more than approx 10 aircraft, the playback feature on Euroscope stops after just a couple seconds. I'm not sure if this is an ES issue, or a problem with Roo's software. I'm trying to run a simulation with 30 aircraft played back, recorded via JoinFS. I've discovered that ES can use plugins, so instead of Roo's external software, could we write a plugin which allows ES to interpret the JFS output directly without that third link in the chain?

Finally, I'm developing a web-based (PHP / AJAX) air traffic control system to manage flight plans, flight progress strips, and other ATC functionality. As a long term project, I plan on developing a simple flow management system. In order for this to work, the website would have to analyze data such as flight plans, filed and actual altitudes and speeds, and current aircraft position in order to forecast collision hazards, and alert the controllers.
I'm still very far from this level of automation, but when I get there, I would need a way for data from my JoinFS hub server to get to the web server, which is under a separate hosting provider. Maybe by writing a script on the webserver which writes to a file or updates a database table?

What are your thoughts on beacon codes in ES, and this ATC project?

Thank you,

Ben Eidem
Director of Air Traffic Control
Seattle Virtual ATC.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am

Ben, I could get JoinFS to perform a http POST message to a URL if that would help where you have a separate webserver running. I guess it would just need a URL, username and password in the JoinFS settings and each message would just be the updated data, just like the euroscope.txt file at the moment.

Peter

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Sorry I've been busy for a few days so I've only just seen this.

An update..

Firstly I stopped trying to develop a way for ES to read a log file as although it worked, it would throw a hissy fit and stop now and then.

Secondly last month I started to play with TCP.
I'm certainly no expert but I have created a client that Euroscope can connect to.

The client then sends the data output by JoinFS (Euroscope.txt) to Euroscope.

Initial tests seems it works very well with all functions supported.

As well as aircraft positions I can send flight plans, weather and messages into the message box.

At the moment it's a Console app and I need to work on it slightly to make it look pretty but if anybody did want to try what I've written so far let me know.

It's a case of starting JFS.
Starting my program.
And clicking connect in Euroscope.

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:31 pm

I've updated the first post with details on how Euroscope can now be used to control with JOINFS.

I've not tried VRC or any others, but they too may work.

Let me know.

beneidemthepilot

Postby beneidemthepilot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:00 am

Peter. That sounds like it would work perfectly. Even better if it could write to a MySQL table directly.

Roo, That sounds like it would work much better than trying to have ES play back a recording that is constantly updated.
I tried your software and it results in a 404 error after connecting via the ES client. Attached is a screen capture of the error message.
Using your other software (with a playback file) also resulted in a 404 error, however by instructing windows to try to continue anyway It appears to be working correctly.
jfsd err.PNG
jfsd err.PNG (79.75 KiB) Viewed 45 times

Thank you both very much.

--
Ben

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:57 am

beneidemthepilot wrote:Peter. That sounds like it would work perfectly. Even better if it could write to a MySQL table directly.

Roo, That sounds like it would work much better than trying to have ES play back a recording that is constantly updated.
I tried your software and it results in a 404 error after connecting via the ES client. Attached is a screen capture of the error message.
Using your other software (with a playback file) also resulted in a 404 error, however by instructing windows to try to continue anyway It appears to be working correctly. jfsd err.PNG

Thank you both very much.

--
Ben

Might have made a Booboo and uploaded another version I was working on. :oops:

Try the link in the first post again.
The correct version is V1.2 at the moment.

Return to “Discussion”