Setup advice

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Jonesyg

Setup advice

Postby Jonesyg » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi,

I am trying to connect two PC's together on the same wifi network, I have some questions about creating a hub as the instructions do not match the new version, there is no "my IP" as described in the instructions and the number next to the "Me" tab doesn't seem to be an IP address?

I can connect both pcs together using another random users hub but I want to create my own. I can see each other via xplane 11 so i know that it works on other hubs.

The second PC will not be on the same network it is only like this now for building and testing purposes.

Any advice would be great! I also have a third PC on the network which can be used as a middle man if needed or beneficial?

Cheers
Greg

ATC Roo

Re: Setup advice

Postby ATC Roo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi Greg,

The number you see next to the me tab is in fact your External IP.
It's just encrypted.

If you use that number in another JoinFS client out side your LAN, it will connect.

You may (or may not) have issues while testing on your LAN.
This is because some routers do not support NAT Loopback.
It sounds technical, but it just means that you can't input your External IP to connect to a service that you are running.

You can however use your Internal IP.

So if your hub is running on a PC with a local (Internal) IP address of 192.168.0.2, you would enter 192.168.0.2 as the IP to connect to.

Jonesyg

Postby Jonesyg » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your answer,

I have NAT loopback enabled in my router but still cannot see the hub, however they connect using the local ip method you described. I think I will have to wait until the other pc is off the LAN before testing further.

Thanks

ATC Roo

Postby ATC Roo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm afraid you won't see your hub on the list, unless you view the hub list from outside your LAN.

I've also had issues seeing all users connected to my hub.

The work around (if hosting a hub) is for you to connect to somebody who is connected to your hub.

All the traffic is then routed to you via them.

Return to “Queries”