Newbie can't connect to simulator

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
John F

Re: Newbie can't connect to simulator

Postby John F » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:07 pm

When I start Xplane I have 4 plgins enabled
1) FS Cloud
2) Join FS
3) Little XP Connect (for Little Nav Map)
4) XLua 1.0.0r.1

So far I have disabled No1 but not the other 3.

I'll do as you say although I would like to use Little Nav Map which seems to work fine.

What on earth is XLua?! Can I live without it?

Maybe FS Cloud is still affecting things even though it's disabled. (I can't recall whether I uninmstalled it)

Thanks for your time.

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:45 pm

My initial thought looking at that is that it will be FS Cloud accessing the aircraft. The first thing I would do is disable everything except JoinFS just to see if you can get it working and then work back from there.

A bit strange that FS Cloud is already disabled. I'm sure that if a plugin is disabled then X-Plane won't start it at all. In which case, perhaps it's Little XP Connect. However, I'm sure someone on the forums said that they use JoinFS along with Little Nav Map and it all works ok.

If you're lucky, in the Log.txt somewhere before JoinFS starts you'll find a message that states that something has acquired the aircraft.

Peter

picnic

Postby picnic » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:39 pm

I've had littleNavMap and joinFS running together, LNM did show the AI from XPlane

John F

Postby John F » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Peter wrote:1) If you both joined the same hub, then you have both joined the same address. If you want to connect to your friend directly in your own session then your friend needs to press the 'Create' button and then you need to specify his 'Me' address in your 'Join' box and click join.
2) If the distance column for your friend's aircraft is no green then you won't see them in the simulator. If it's orange then something is not set up correctly.
3) You can both have the same nickname and callsign.
4) You need to add AI aircraft in the X-Plane configuration up to the number of network aircraft you want to see. If you add three AI aircraft you'll see up to three network aircraft. The AI aircraft will be allocated to the network aircraft in the session.
5) They won't impact on the multiplayer aircraft. They will be replaced by the multiplayer aircraft.
6) See 1), but that is unlikely to solve your current problem.
7) The opening screen join box allows you to enter the address of any other JoinFS client running over your LAN or the internet. The hub screen join button allows you to select and join a hub. Think of a hub as a 24/7 dedicated server.

It sounds as though you either haven't add any AI aircraft in X-Plane or you haven't installed the plugin in the right place. Try going through the steps for X-Plane setup in the manual. That should get you up and running. Also check the <xplane>\Log.txt for 'JoinFS' and the JoinFS monitor window for information.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Re question 1 - my friend and I are still having problems with "Creating a Session"

Having followed your instructions to the letter ,we are still unable to get "Network" to turn green. I am sure we have both clicked Create and then selected each others address. However clicking "Join"should then set us up correctly? Unfortunately it doesn't: "Network" remains at orange.

Are we still doing something wrong, or is there something else?

Thanks for your patience!

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi John,

only one person needs to create a session. Then the other person joins that session.

1. Person A clicks 'Create'.
2. Person A copies/tells person B their 'Me' address.
3. Person B enters that address into the Join box.
4. Person B clicks Join.

That's all there is to it. As long as Person A has configured port forwarding correctly, there shouldn't be a problem.

Peter

John F

Postby John F » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:34 pm

I'll try again!

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:41 pm

When Person A clicks 'Create' their network button should go green at that point.
When Person B clicks 'Join' their network button should go green at that point.

Let me know if you need a hand with port forwarding. The router needs to be configured to allow port 6112, UDP-only, to your PC (192.168.0.x). Your PC will also need to use a static IP address.

Peter

John F

Postby John F » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:11 pm

I need help on the port forwarding. I dont know about the router situation either.
Thanks again

Peter
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Are you able to log into your router? The details should have been provided by your ISP.

Peter

John F

Postby John F » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Yes I'm checking it now. It explains port forwarding or port triggering

Return to “Queries”