Problem flying XPlane with a friend

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
John F

Problem flying XPlane with a friend

Postby John F » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:54 am

My friend and I have both successfully flown the default Cessna on line, meaning that both aircraft are seen on both our screens and also in Little Navmap.

However when both flying the same addon aircraft (Aerobask Epic) we have a problem. I can see my friends Epic on screen and on Little Navmap but he cannot see mine at all. This is despite his confirmation that my Epic correctly shows up in the Aircraft list, thus we seem to be connected ok?

We have both done the "scan for models" Mine shows the Aerobask at the top of the list as scanned.

3 Questions.

1) How do we successfully connect and see each other when using an addon aircraft such as the Aerobask Epic?

2) Regarding the different liveries available on this aircraft. Is it possible for each of us to have different liveries of the same Epic and for them to show up correctly on screen?

3) What purpose does "Edit model matching" serve and do we need to know about this in the context of our problem?

Cheers!

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Problem flying XPlane with a friend

Postby Peter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi John,

Have you checked the section of the manual about getting X-Plane working with JoinFS. Have you added some AI aircraft in the X-Plane flight configuration? If you have, then you should be able to see the Aerobask.

Try looking at the <x-plane>\Log.txt file to see if it's loading the wrong model.

The liveries aren't supported very well at the moment, there is still some work to do on this. Have you tried using the Substitute button and seeing if a particular livery is listed in the drop-down boxes?

Edit Model Matching allows you to change or remove any substitutions that you've made already. When you make a substitution from the aircraft list, JoinFS will remember it and use it in future. The Edit Model Matching allows you to change that.

Hope that helps,

Peter

John F

Re: Problem flying XPlane with a friend

Postby John F » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi Peter,
Successfully flew with my friend using the Aerobask. We both selected the default Epic, and this did the trick.

We haven't tried the substitute button yet, so will give that a go.

Thanks

John F

Return to “Queries”