Donations are gratefully received, here.
Click here to download JoinFS test version 1.1.15.
Version 1.1.14 is incompatible with previous versions. You will only be able to see hubs running this version.
On The Horizon
- Version 1.3.x. Post-flight formation analysis tool.
- Version 2.0.x. Formation drones. AI aircraft that can be added to a formation flight. Assign a lead aircraft or station for each drone.
- Fixed issue with online version check failing.
- Whazzup file fixes, nickname and removal of hyphens in aircraft type.
- Fixed shared cockpit message saying that you do not have permission to enter.
- Fixed shared cockpit bugs: throttle/mixture sync and juddering on flight control hand over.
- Shared cockpit: engine and other controls are now handed over in the same way as flight controls.
- Fixed possible thread lock issue.
- Simconnect updates have been returned to 10 per second to improve stability on some PCs.
- Fixed crash in user list.
- Fixed continually repeated entries on refresh of global user list.
- Fixed disabled global option for Whazzup file.
- Fixed incorrect latitude/longitude values.
- Option to list global users on the aircraft/user list and whazzup file.
- Fixed shared cockpit heading bug, trim, throttle, mixture, prop, spoiler, wing fold. Removal of empty aircraft.
- Changes to frequency and history of EuroScope file.
- Removed FSX@War objects from Tacpack broadcast option.
- Fix to allow recordings from version 1.1.8 to be opened.
- Adjust simconnect frequency again. Synced with frame rate.
- Objects get repositioned if they stray too far from network position.
- Removed 'Copy Plan' button. Will be implemented as part of a future chat window.
- Fixed missing distance data for recorded aircraft.
- Fixed long delay/pause when launching JoinFS.
- Distance column in the aircraft list is now highlighted to indicate the simulator injection status.
- Fixed ATC callsign in users list and whazzup.txt.
- Fixed missing data in the users list from version 1.1.9.
- Prevented Tacpack placeholder objects from being unnecessarily broadcast over the network.
- Network objects are now cleaned up immediately on removal, instead of being left to expire.
- Fixed circle of activity value. The setting is now linear from 2-200nm. Maximum is limited to FSX.
- Reduced number of SimConnect updates. Was unnecessarily frequent in version 1.1.9. (Not related to network updates)
- Fixed incorrect squawk code in the aircraft list.
- Multithreading - to reduce overall latency and help eliminate minor jitters.
- Fixed shared cockpit issues.
- Terminology change - the nodes list is now known as the users list.
- Fixed recorder bug where some aircraft recorded at wrong times.
- Whazzup file - removed hyphens in callsign.
- Fixed shared flight controls.
- Fixed empty radar/GPS bug from previous version.
- Fixed recorder for network aircraft.
- Added current FPS to monitor window.
- Fixed Whazzup file data.
- Fixed missing To/From bug introduced in previous version.
- Fixed crash in Tacpack model name.
- Shared cockpit controls. Flight controls do not work particularly well yet.
- Model matching now uses a default for each aircraft type-role.
- Automatic height adjustment of aircraft when people are using different airport scenery.
- Closing JoinFS using the X button now disconnects properly from the session.
- Bearing and heading now shown in object list.
- Objects can be selected for broadcast individually, by model, or by VRS Tacpack.
- Object list items can now be grouped using a tick box option.
- Whazzup FSD file support.
- Support for EuroScope radar software.
- Indicators on main form now function as buttons as well.
- Simulator reconnection attempts limited to 3.
- Case insensitive scan for 'Title=' keywords.
- Static simulator objects are now detected and can be broadcast.
- Fixed error when clicking on empty 'My IP' box.
- More French translations.
- Separate model matching for each installed simulator. Rescan required.
- Added missing resource DLL for French translation.
- Fixed a couple of problems obtaining 'My IP'.
- Substitution window now takes optional filter words to narrow down the list of aircraft types.
- Automatic substitution for aircraft that use custom paints or have similar model names. Suffix is '(A)'.
- Fixed bug where program appears to hang when using 'UI Always On Top' setting.
- First attempt at enabling aircraft on Euroscope. See settings.
- Hyphens now accepted in bookmark domain names.
- Minimize window to system tray. See settings.
- Fix for the tumbling aircraft during aerobatics.
- Bitcoin donations now accepted.
- French translation.
- Hyperlinks now active on the hub list.
- Added extra network details to the node list.
- Renamed 'Analyser' window as 'Recorder'.
- Free resources used for http operations, to fix reported case of Windows port error.
- Possible fix for rare case of all aircraft flying off randomly.
- Offline hubs are now removed after two weeks.
- Ignored aircraft are now hidden. Use 'List ignored' to show all.
- Added confirmation for ignoring hubs.
- Join button for the hub list is disabled for offline hubs.
- Fixed problem with bookmark address.
- Hubs using non-default port value now appear correctly in the hub list.
- Tacpack related local objects are broadcast by default. No need to use auto-broadcast option.
- No longer crashes when website is unavailable.
- Modified routing tolerances to fix disconnects over low quality connections.
- Restored drop down bookmark list for quick joining.
- Fixed incorrect warning when substitute list is empty. Asks for a default model.
- Shortened statistics headers on hub and bookmark lists.
- Fixed scan for models, including AeroSoft Airbus and other objects. Please rescan your models.
- System tray support. See File menu, or "-tray" on command line.
- Setting for Always On Top window state.
- Fixed bug when "Join session, leave, join same session again.
- Informative warning when the correct SimConnect version is missing.
- Fixed the window update for hubs and bookmarks.
- Object list features: broadcast, ignore, substitute boats and vehicles.
Command line options:
- -play "file"
- -join address
- -port number
- -hubaddress address
- -hubname "name"
- -hubabout "description"
- -hubvoip "voice server"
- -hubevent "next event details"
- -nickname "nickname"
- -activitycircle number
- -follow distance
- -airport ICAO code
- Can now sort hub and bookmark lists by clicking on the column headers.
- Fixed incorrect reporting of object counts in the hub and bookmark lists.
- Updated data version.
- Initial release of the hub network. See menu, View|Hubs and settings.
- Terminology change - Pilot list is now the Node list. Makes more sense as some may be controllers.
- Fixed multiple-engine bug.
- Fixed jumpy network aircraft on recordings.
- Warning when in ATC Mode and recording.
- Redesigned the model matching window. Now shows a list of all current substitutions.
- Fixed standby frequencies for shared cockpit.
- Fixed From/To airport schedule.
- Fixed some issues with the monitor window getting overloaded.
- Removed some IP addresses for non-hub clients. Privacy measure.
- Fixed bug which could cause sessions to combine. Improved session management.
- Objects window now partially functional.
- New application icon.
- Minor fix for ATC mode, callsign.
- Fixed a couple of minor bugs when switching between airplanes and helicopters.
- In ATC Mode, now initialises aircraft's airline and flight number.
- Fixed aircraft count on pilot list.
- Fixed network bug.
- Fixed bug on empty 'My IP'.
- Optimized network packets to reduce bandwidth consumption.
- Fixed network bugs.
- Code to prevent routing overload.
- Network data reduced for objects beyond activity circle.
- Fixed route address on pilot list.
- Added Com1/Com2 to aircraft list.
- Fixed jumbled frequencies. All Com/Nav/Adf should now work in shared cockpit.
- New pilot list replaces Network window. Ignoring a pilot here will ignore all their aircraft and objects.
- Fixed helicopter issue causing errors and failure to add model to the simulator.
- Pilots with different versions of the network data can not connect to the same session, to improve stability between versions.
- Added object (ground/boat) list. Currently disabled until after special Christmas event.
- Fixed bug where aircraft were not getting removed when a pilot leaves.
- Test version now uses same settings as the stable version.
- Added support for large guaranteed network packets.
- Added backup source for 'My IP'.
- Can now ignore any simulator aircraft including duplicates created by VATSIM and IVAO clients.
- Fixed Share Cockpit and Ignore tick boxes.
- Fixed model scanner to find 'title =' prefix (space before equals).
- Fixed misaligned columns in aircraft details.
- Hub settings. Not functional yet, work in progress.
- Remove duplicate aircraft when connecting to VATSIM.
- Now storing timestamps in double precision.
- Enter Cockpit enabled on recorded/AI aircraft.
- Transmitting fuel selector, avionics, COM TX, COM, NAV, ADF frequencies.
- Added "(S)" for substituted and "(D)" for default in the aircraft list model column.
- Fixed bug in recording network aircraft.
- Fixed canopy and flap animations.
- Ability to ignore other pilots. All aircraft owned by that pilot will not be inserted into the simulator.
- Pilots can now decide whom they wish to share their cockpit with. Tick box in aircraft list. Can be globally shared in 'File|Settings'.
- Fixed missing buttons in aircraft list.
- Removed longitude and latitude from Settings. Not needed.
- 'My IP' address is now cached each day.
- New setting to specify the circle of activity for inserting aircraft into the simulator.
- New ATC Mode setting to show aircraft on the default radar. Intended only for controllers because there are visual side-effects for the aircraft.
- 'Scan For Models' now allows selection of SimObject folders and additional extra folders.
- Now checks for an empty model list at launch and if necessary asks to scan for models.
- Shows Mach number instead of knots at large speeds.
- Asks for a default model if one has not yet been set.
- Fixed recorder bug when recording network aircraft.
- Terminology change. 'Join Cockpit' is now called 'Enter Cockpit'.
- Terminology change. 'Unknown' model is now called 'Default'.
- Aircraft list is now resizable.
- Added a Copy Weather button on the aircraft list for a once-only copy of the weather.
- Current wind is now shown for the selected aircraft in the aircraft details.
- Aircraft are only inserted into the sim within a 100nm radius.
- Aircraft will now show in the list without having to launch the simulator first.
- Cached settings.
- First phase of shared cockpit. Join any aircraft as a passenger. See 'View|Aircraft|Join Cockpit'.
- First phase of flight Analyser. See 'View|Analyser'. Currently allows instant scrolling through a recording.
- Fixed bug that caused viewed aircraft to move up and down.
- Domain names are now supported as well as IP addresses.
- Reopens all previously opened windows at launch.
- Fixed recording bug that caused the network aircraft to become chaotic.
- The View windows will now restore correctly when selected from the main menu.
- Fixed network routing algorithm.
- Fixed aircraft bearing (opposite direction).
- Fixed network data errors.
- Fixed window position on load. Now uses default position when off the screen.
- Fix for network instability introduced in 1.0.5 optimisations.
- Hopefully have now fixed the loop twisting (tumble dryer) bug.
- Added pilot nicknames. See File|Settings.
- Added an option to use nicknames instead of the callsign in the simulator label.
- Moved some aircraft data into separate area below the aircaft list.
- Added IFR/VFR, ICAO from/to, ETA, altitude and speed to aircraft list.
- Fixed invalid data appearing in aircraft list. Now shows '-' when no data is available.
- Fixed auto broadcast on helicopters.
- Fixed overdub timing issue.
- Option for auto saving the Monitor log to a file.
- Minor bug fix for initial window position being off screen.
- Now using high frequency system timers for position updates.
- Network optimisations - reduced unnecessary bandwidth usage.
- Added an option for low-bandwidth connections which halves the bandwidth requirement.
- Simplified model matching windows and selection method. (Thanks, Travis)
- Fixed bug in recorded network aircraft.
- Tidied up 'View|Network' window.
- Second attempt at fixing the twisting effect during a loop manoeuvre.
- Restore window positions from previous locations.
- 'View|Network' now shows the direct address as well as the route to avoid confusion.
- Slight improvement to routing algorithm.
- METAR updates now shown in 'View|Monitor'.
- Shared weather.
- Fixed possible cause of the P3D user's aircraft not showing for others.
- Enabled row selection on the Aircraft List.
- Model matching and other functions are now available below the Aircraft List.
- Added distance, bearing and heading to the Aircraft List.
- Added a Follow button to the Aircraft List which positions you behind the selected aircraft.
- Now only scans Airplanes and Rotorcraft folders for models (FSX).
- Fixed bug where aircraft were not appearing in the list after a simulator restart.
- Separate registry settings for test version.
- Fixed repeated line count bug in Monitor. Now resets counter.
- Removed some test waypoints that may be causing a crash in version 1.0.0-TEST.
- Settings dialog.
- Local port configuration.
- Option to auto broadcast simulator objects.
- Now scans for sim.cfg files as well to pick up some helicopter models.
- Fixed Model matching where paints had double quotes in the model name.
- Added extra support for router uPnP. May help in some cases.
- All lights now supported.
- Squawk now supported.
- Helicopters now supported.
- Reduced sampling frequency.
- Fixed incorrect menu type that caused focus and mouse click issue.
- 'My IP' should now only show IPv4 addresses, and never IPv6.
- Fixed truncated model list.
- Remembers selected simulator folder after scan.
- Gives warning about saving the current recording.
- Asks once when a new version becomes available.
- Fixed Record check box on View|Aircraft.
- Recordings can now be played back over the network.
- Recordings now play automatically when opened.
- Recordings can be specified on the command line. JFS files can now be associated and opened with JoinFS executable.
- Implemented version support for data in recordings and network. For future modifications and backward compatibility.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed twisting of aircraft that occurred performing a loop.
- Overdub recording
- Record and play back multiple aircraft. Ability to broadcast recorded aircraft over the network.
- Model matching entry for unknown aircraft models.
- Uninstall shortcut from the programs menu
- New version notification - version number turns red.
- Fix for juddering aircraft.
- Fix for aircraft not getting created when closing and restarting simulator.
- UI changes.
- Implemented dynamic routing to cope with problematic router configurations.
- Gear, canopy and flap animations.
- Fixed some network bugs.
- Model matching selection by UI-friendly Manufacturer, Type and Variation.